This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sup Gro? Long time, no see...

Someone made an FS fit a 1.6? If he did, I'm guessing he cut off the existing flange and welded on the flange from a 1.6 exhaust manifold.
    Da SR20 Beast

Comment

not sure...i saw some **** on cardomain about it.

they basically had to grind the sides of the ports on a fs header. the outside (cyl 1 and 4) ports are a good match but the inside ones are a lil spread apart more on the FS header so u got to grind about 1cm so it is port matched

then u gotta redrill ALL of the holes that mount the header...u don't have to cut off **** to do it..just take it to a machine shop & get the holes redrilled.
      93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
      02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
      05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

And how are the results? Everything is working fine after doing all that?

Comment

WE may of found an answer to the 1.6 liter header blues!!! Here is the link:

Mazdas247 is an independent community featuring Discussion Forums, Classifieds and Resources for Mazda vehicles.

Comment

One of the members is getting a header for each the 1.6 and 1.8/2.0. He said he'll have them this Tuesday. After testing them and reporting the gains on them, he'll try to setup a GB!!

Comment

i kinda makes me wanna cry
              LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
              Buy my 17x7 Konig silver gloss 5 spoke rims.
              WTB: Garrett T25 Turbo
              Your Xbox too big for your car and want it to fit? Want to save games to it? Want Emulators? I do Xbox Mods.
              REFs from Xbox-scene.com and bst-scene.com
              Good Guys: Chance_P, Swampdonkeys, mystikz2002, sickdimension, Silv3rMan, Questioner, appleguru, millican
              Paypal Verified

Comment

Originally posted by Leijae
                i kinda makes me wanna cry

What does?

Comment

the beauty of the head
                  LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
                  Your Xbox too big for your car and want it to fit? Want to save games to it? Want Emulators? I do Xbox Mods.
                  Good Guys: Chance_P, Swampdonkeys, mystikz2002, sickdimension, Silv3rMan, Questioner, appleguru, millican
                  Paypal Verified

Comment

Got my header !!! It's beautiful...will install tomorrow...see this thread for pics....

I will provide pics of mine when I get home

Comment

Get that **** installed now!!! I cant belive you can wait ( I would be doing it in the middle of the night as soon as I got it)

Comment

that's great, let's see some pics!!

Comment

Originally posted by zerocover
                          Get that **** installed now!!! I cant belive you can wait ( I would be doing it in the middle of the night as soon as I got it)
                          bwahahahaha !!!

I probably would have, but the bolts on my heat sheild are so rounded , they are almost perfect circles....

I have to go over to my dad's house to use his grinder to grind the heads off those bolts....since I have no egr the install should be easy as pie...assuming those manifold nuts arent TOO tough to get loose

Comment

so these headers http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...4&page=7&pp=15
                            eliminate the cat on a 1.6? it's fine with me, i mean as long as texas doesn't have the visual inpection. which i'm not sure if it does or not.

or is this http://www.streetstyler.com/OBXHEADERS.htm the obx header the one i should be excited about
                            Last edited by Leijae; 12-13-2005, 10:20 AM.
                            LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
                            Paypal Verified

Comment

here are some pics I took with my phones camera...
                              Attached Files

Comment

dyno yet?
                                LET'S GO MAVERICKS!!
                                Paypal Verified

Comment

Working...
                                X