Wanted busted/old VJ-20 mani to turbo gasket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted busted/old VJ-20 mani to turbo gasket

Since I've been unable to find a good diagram with dimensions and I'm at a crux where I need something 100% accurate I need one of these.

Shape doesn't matter as long as it's not bent to ****. Shipping can be snail mail bubble mailer.

I can get a new one for $30 from the dealer but the lead time on that was absurd.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Mayyyybeee I didn't throw that item away and will go look tomorrow.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Sorry fer the delay... my PC took a big ol dump. hotsidetodownpipe I have, manny to hotside I don't...
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Well thanks for looking.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Last call.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

sheet of cork gasket material .. cut the 4 holes and install tightly . torque it down and remove .. perfect impression of gasket

Comment

I live on a tiny island in the Pacific ocean far away from my storage unit full of any and all car-parts that would be relevant to my procurement of the size of this gasket. In fact I have useable gaskets there.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Hmm.. I thought I responded to this, but maybe I didn't. I was at work.

Do you have this yet?

I found all three gaskets in my garage, put them in the scanner, and made a scan, then converted to PDF. Printed to a laster printer, then placed the actual gasket over the printout. EXACT size. Will this help you make a gasket?

1. Manifold to turbo (4-hole, )octagonal inside)
                2) Hotside to cast exhaust collector (5-hole curvy bit)
                3) Cast exhaust collector to downpipe (4-hole, round interior)

I'll get it uploaded somewhere in a minute and post the link.

--sarge

Comment

Here's the link. it's a pretty big file, 56MB, but it should do the trick.

--sarge

Comment

Thanks, that's a great pdf, I was going to scan the gasket as well and upload it to my thread on here about flange sizes eventually.

At present I have (limited)access to a laser cutter that "should" be able to do copper and I wanted a useable project just to see how rusty I am at the overall process.
                    Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

To close this thread out I did get a gasket from BG1balling(dat name Yo!) and unfortunately the laser cut can't cut copper of the thickness I'd desire.
                      Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Working...
                      X