Damn, gotta redo my amp rack again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, gotta redo my amp rack again!

Last weekend, I spent the entire day drilling holes and routing wires to hide wires in my amp rack as well as installing a new and bigger inline fuse and because my lights are dimming, I am getting a batcap. The batcap is 5" in depth, so I will most likely have to build a new amp rack to accomodate the batcap. I am going to explore my options because I can barely get groceries in the trunk with the sub box as it is. I don't want to resort to using the back seat for groceries like in a previous car that I had! It was such a bitch to get every thing done and I feel as though I may have to start all over. Son of a bitch!
    2001 ES (Featured at SoundDomain)

Pioneer/SoundStream/JBL/Coustic/Elemental Designs/Focal/
    KnuKonceptz/Lightning Audio/SoundQuest/Tiff/
    Gel America/Dynamo Deep Cycle Battery/
    Groundkit

Damn Audiophiles Anonomous isn't working!

Groundkit

Comment

hasn't it been proven that capacitors are pretty much useless? Blue?
      Tag Team

Comment

Originally posted by JProtege
        hasn't it been proven that capacitors are pretty much useless? Blue?

a batcap is not a capacitor. it's six 2 volt batteries wired in series. they hold sooooooooooo much more power than a cap.

Comment

ah ok, w3rd. thx.
          Tag Team

Comment

do you have to recharge a batcap or does it hook to the main battery?
            91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
            Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox
              do you have to recharge a batcap or does it hook to the main battery?

it hooks up to your main battery in a parallel configuration. they recomend running a ground wire from your battery to the batcap as well. it recharges like a cap/battery.

Comment

sweet
                Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Batcap is on the way!! It is the Xstatic BatCap 400 that I am getting for $130 shipped! I plan on just putting it behind the amprack in the corner by the rear of the subwoofer do to the depth problems. The bigger amp on the highs and the capacitor you suggested blue works really nice! Now I have good midbass from my 6 1/2s without the Boston Pro 5 1/4s having to struggle, and plus they are louder. Next thing I will need are some hearing aides! SQ and SPL are very nice, the way I like my music, LOUD and CLEAR!

Groundkit

Comment

good to hear the cap value was right i'm going to be doing some experimenting with light bulbs for tweeter protection. it's not a necessity, but with how much power i'm running it's a good idea

Comment

since i will be pushing 1200 wats in just my subs i think i might need a batcap.......is this a good deal on this particular 1? and is it any good?