'93 BG 323 SOHC Won't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'93 BG 323 SOHC Won't Start

My car just wouldn't start. I replace the VAF (that was only 3 months old), put a new battery in it, changed the spark plugs. The fuel pump kicks on, and I appear to be getting fuel (old plugs were soaked with gas).

Anyone have any other ideas on what I could be over looking?

Timing belt? Also, can you be more specific about wouldn't start. Does the engine crank at all? If it cranks, is it really fast (faster than normal)?
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

it cranks fine, Its just not firing. If it's the timing belt, could it have bent any valves? Last time this happened I was told to replace the vaf, so I tried that first and I got nothing.

Comment

do you have spark? wet plugs is usually a sign that your not firing the spark plugs.

check the timing belt. if its intact & you still have no spark...
        open the valve cover & make sure the camshaft hasn't broken for some ungodly reason.

they are non interference engines so you can chuck a belt - "safely" lol
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Who told you to replace the vaf is the car won't start? That's like the most expensive component on the EFI system.

Check for spark, pull a plug lead a hold it next to a bolt.

It'll probably be your ignition coil if anything as the car should still start even with a heavily fouled disty/rotor.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I didn't have any spark last night. I have to wait until I get off work, to check the timing belt and cam. I don't remember who told me it was the vaf, but it did fix it last time. My cap and rotor are chewed up something fierce though.

Comment

IF the cap and rotor are chewed up then that is the reason that you are not getting spark. Replace them and try it.
              Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
              "Who Dey"

Comment

^^^ agreed
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Yup. Start there first
                  91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
                  X