Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A questoin for the guys runing gtx/gtr ecus with no knock sensor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A questoin for the guys runing gtx/gtr ecus with no knock sensor.

TL;DR
    If you have nothing connected to pin 2J could you tell me the voltage you get from it at idle?

Also dyslexia'd thread title, go me.

Too Long, Actually Read
    I'm trying to design a bench test procedure for the factory knock system. I can get almost all the correct voltages and even a correct reaction from the knock sensor when tapped but I cant get the wire going to the ecu to be 4volts.

I don't know if the entire system acts a voltage divider or the control module is actually supposed to provide/send the 4v to the ecu when operating normally.

If 0 volts is present at 2J with nothing connected I know my **** is broken, if more than 4v are present I know the ecu is supplying voltage and I can replicate that.

The entire reason for this is I don't think the setup I had originally actually did a damn thing and I'd like to rectify that.

I would check myself but I currently do not have a bp26 ecu on this tiny little island.
    Last edited by Kitty; 10-21-2014, 07:17 PM.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

do you need to borrow a bp26 ecu?
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I'd rather not risk shipping one here and back but I appreciate the offer.

I'm just trying to front load as much car work as I can before getting back to the states as I'll have a very narrow window to do things at that point, especially with getting the 240 back on the road after 4 years of non-use and it barely running when it was.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
      X