Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NorCal!

Hello!

I joined mazda247 yesterday and posted, but got no reponses... so theyre dead to me; so here i am!

Im actually a mercedes guy; I hang out in the benz forums a lot and my daily driver is a 98' SL600 pano, but I plan on removing the mufflers and doing some other things... so it will actually become the weekender as it was meant to be!

I have a 2003 Mazda Protege5 that according to the previous owner was turned into a mazdaspeed by the dealership.

its a peppy little car.

the not so good news:

I bought it broken. it wouldnt start up, the owner claimed the valve seals are bad, but the car started right up! after sitting two years, it started right up!

now to tackle the blue smoke. it doesnt overheat, and the coolant and oil dont mix with eachother. the engine revs up and down just fine, so im assuming the valve seals being bad is a good lead. ill drop it off at at my mechanic's soon to confirm this and ill decide from there how to go about getting it fixed.
    Last edited by Vasir; 02-03-2015, 07:25 PM.

Welcome aboard!
    Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

Welcome. I like the Mazdaspeed badge. It doesn't look out of place on it.

Shame about getting hit while parked. Was that before or after you bought it?
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

welcome aboard. That pic of your car on the trailer looks like its right downtown for some reason lol
        View my worklog: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Comment

Last edited by Vasir; 02-03-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Vasir; 02-03-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X