No announcement yet.

I'm back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. That sucks. Usually I see rodent damage only on ignition and injector wires, which I always thought was strange.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Welcome back! Can't wait to see more!

Comment

I wasn't aware of the extent of the damage to the interior or the rodent chewing before I agreed to buy the car. It's still a great deal and I will be going over the wiring first thing for sure. It seems to be limited to the wiper system and the HVAC system. I'm going to strip the interior to clean everything out and make sure all rodents and droppings are cleaned out. Not something I take lightly, especially in car interiors. I may coat the floors with POR 15 or Chassis saver while I have the carpets up.
        2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

post pictures as you clean through it.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I will. I still have to pick it up from Virginia so it will be a while.

Also picked up a new toy to help if I need to fabricate or weld anything.
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

whats the new toy??
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Glad to hear it will get a thorough cleaning. Seems like you'll take proper care of it.
                1990 Protege 4WD
                GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                ├┼┤
                2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                  whats the new toy??
                  Hobart Handler MVP 210. Dual Voltage MIG welder. Will do up to 140 amps 110 volt and up to 210 amps 220 volt.

I figure it will help if I decide to go rav 4 or GT4 drivetrain. Spool gun ready too.
                  1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Picked the car up this weekend:

Can't get over how clean the shell is on the car. I have a lot of exterior detailing to do, a windshield, brakes, driver's mirror, and new fluids. Then it will be ready for inspection and driving. I will be doing a timing belt, front main, water pump, and cam seal while I'm in there too I think.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by nerd racing; 01-27-2015, 06:12 AM.
                    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

picture no worky. upload it to CP

Comment

Did a little cleaning last night:
                        Attached Files
                        1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

looks like it will clean up nicely!!

Comment

I cleaned up the rest of the passenger side. It should clean up nicely indeed. Also ordered a ton of parts off rock auto
                            Timing Belt, Water Pump & gasket, front crank seal, cam seal, fuel filter, front and rear brake hoses, slave cylinder, clutch hose, thermostat gasket, all 4 rear lateral links (closeout just in case, probably getting copied at work). Also ordered drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads kit (supposedly zinc coated).

Still need sway bar end links front and rear, front and rear calipers, driver's DX mirror, Interior door panel pull handles, and a windshield. I'm pretty sure I have lifetime rear calipers from autozone somewhere I can turn in. Fronts aren't bad price wise.
                            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

that is a ton of parts alright!

Comment

I want to get the car back into running shape so I can get it registered and inspected. Then I can move it to my buddy's house in Buffalo so we can do some drivetrain swap work.
                                1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                                X