Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington state

Comment

Considering its a mostly US operation (aside from the gb organizer), I'm sure its fair to presume shipping to Vantucky is available.
      1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
      Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
      "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Woo woo . Just got an email the first set are made and shipping to me for trial fitment testing. !!

Comment

Cool news! Do you know if its just the upper and lower rad hoses, or more involved than that? Or will it be a suprise when you bust open the package?
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Ya the kit which will be available will be just the upper and lower hoses...

Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
            Cool news! Do you know if its just the upper and lower rad hoses, or more involved than that? Or will it be a suprise when you bust open the package?

Comment

It's a start! I'm sure x.x" diameter silicon coolant hose can be bought in bulk.

Comment

Well the first two sets made are here now in my hands....
                Time to do abunch of trial fitment tests to see if the proto types are 100%

Once all is ok for the fitment ... Will be giving the green light to the manufacture.

Group buy soon to follow with all the how, who and where to buy from ..

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.9 KB
ID:	1239132

Comment

Awesome key chains!

Comment

i'd like to buy a purple set from sydney australia

Comment

One thing to really take note of is the lower hoses proximity to the A/C hardline.

Even the factory ones can rub if you don't align them well.
                      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                      Originally posted by HopelessCow
                      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Well! i seem to have missed the progression of this. progress looks good!
                        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

definitely excited to see how it turns out. I'm VERY interested. Plus, it will give me a good excuse to get the proper radiator, even though I just bought the EGT replacement a couple months ago (needed it, or i would have looked properly)

I'm looking at making a new intake soon and would kill for a silicon setup.. and additional hoses... Think they may be open to more after the first successful groupbuy? lol

Comment

So uh... hows this looking?

Comment

I have trial fitted the hoses on a factory stock GTR with A/C , a stock 323 LX with a SOHC 1.8 BP, and a DOHC 1.8 BP with aftermarket aluminum radiator.

All seems to be a 100 % ... The only issues ( if you could call it an issues ) I found the on the GTR with A/C you have to play around with the fitment , tighten the bottom clamp as you twist it and the same for the upper clamp to the block inlet. This needs to be played with to get the hose to lay properly to clear the edge of the rad and the have clearance around the A/C compressor pump.

On the SOHC BP trial, the bottom hose didn't have any issues , the upper hose had to be trimmed about 1 1/2" ( at the head outlet ) as the thermostat housing on the SOHC head is positioned father forward that the DOHC configuration.

And as for the N/A DOHC head with aftermarket radiator , bottom hose no issues. The only thing I could seem maybe a sight trim of the hose from the head outlet might be needed , but less than I did on the SOHC trial fit.

Will post some pics of the trial fits in the next day .

Oh and I have sent all my finding to the guy at Samco, we are both talking about the only issue we saw ( the issue if you are running a A/C setup ! Regarding the tight areas for the lower hose ) not sure if it's going to be just tweaked in the tooling for the lower hose or not. It works fine on my GTR has a minimum of 1/2" clearance around everything in it proximity. So I think it's fine, but it will be Samco's call.
                              Last edited by 323Permin; 12-28-2014, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Ok here we go photo time !

First is the GTR install as mentioned above

Name:	IMG_1731.jpg
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	1239188

Name:	IMG_1729.jpg
Size:	203.6 KB