Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAP Sensor

2001 MP3 2.0
    I have some type of vacuum leak in my car which is causing it to fail my inspection and idle high. I believe it has something to do with my MAP sensor. Yet I have no idea where it needs to be connected to, because it don't think it is at all hosed to anything right now. Here's a picture to show what I'm talking about.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20141203_140354.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	373.0 KB
ID:	1272218

I believe it's supposed to be connected somewhere along the intake manifold shown here.

Name:	20141203_140457.jpg
Size:	361.5 KB
ID:	1272219

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance.

There is a nipple underneath all that mess that comes out of the side of the manifold pointing toward the passenger strut tower. It's all by itself and it can't be seen from the top. I believe that is where it plugs in.

Comment

I believe I know what you're talking about. Thanks, I'll try it out!

Comment

I think you can see it in this picture....right above his thumb. It is right under the VICS actuator.

Attached Files

Comment

After re hosing, should I see a change right away or will it take a hundred miles or so?

Comment

You can reset the ECU by disconnecting the battery. That will clear it, but you'll need to drive around 50 miles for the drive cycle to complete before a scanner can read it for inspection. The idle should clear up immediately, but I'm not sure if the error code will clear to get it inspected.

Comment

I'm not getting any error codes while I drive. The only time I have had them come up is during inspection(P0106, P0507). Both of which indicate a large vacuum leak.

Comment

Don't feel bad. That particular vacuum connection was missed by about 90% of the people who ever did anything to those motors when they were putting stuff back together. The first time I pulled my motor I labeled everything. When I was putting it back together I got to that hose and had to look for like 10 minutes before I realized where the nipple was on the manifold. I would have probably never seen it if it didn't have a piece of tape around it with a # on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Laporteryan View Post
                  I'm not getting any error codes while I drive. The only time I have had them come up is during inspection(P0106, P0507). Both of which indicate a large vacuum leak.
                  Yea...that is one of those instances where it throws a code, but doesn't turn on the CEL. You'll get random misfire codes like that too. Just fixing the leak will probably clear them without resetting the ECU after just driving around a little bit.

Comment

Ahh okay. Yeah my CEL never came on. Alright thanks, I'll run down to autozone and buy a hose to hook it up! Thanks!

Comment

glad to see some resolve coming! keep us updated
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                        glad to see some resolve coming! keep us updated
                        Well I just got home from work and took these pictures. I connected the MAP sensor to the nipple that I believe is the right one... I hope. It's on the left side intake manifold straight down.. pics here

unfortunately, i don't believe this has help any.

Name:	IMG_1649.jpg
Size:	342.9 KB
ID:	1239100

Name:	IMG_1651.jpg
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	1239101

Comment

did you connect vacuum lines to the solenoid in the 2nd picture you posted?
                          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                            did you connect vacuum lines to the solenoid in the 2nd picture you posted?
                            Can you clarify which you are talking about?

Comment

the original post. 2nd picture. on top of the intake manifold. with a white plug & a blue shielding
                              its a 2 port vacuum solenoid with no lines going to it.....

Comment

Working...
                              X