1996 mazda protege 1.5 lx driving like crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1996 mazda protege 1.5 lx driving like crap

Ok, I have a 1996 mazda protégé 1.5 lx. When I first got the car it would idle ok but a little rough. When I tried to take off it would pick up speed normally but then come to a flat stop, like it was going to die, then it would finally pick speed, then do it again. It would only go away if I didn't let the rpm drop while shifting. One day it started driving normal. It was idling a little better, picking up speed fine, but the cel light came on. I ran the codes and it pointed out that the egr boost system had a fault. I looked under the hood and say that the vacuum hose that leads for the egr valve to the boost sensor was separated. I connected the vacuum hose. The cel went away but then it started driving like crap again. I decided to just deal with it. Then about a few days ago it started going haywire. I have to press the gas real slow for the car to move. If I press too hard the car sounds like its misfiring. It starts bucking and the rpm will not rise. Ive replaced the plugs, wires, waterpump ( was leaking like crazy), egr boost sensor, and the little canister. The problem still exists, with no trouble codes. I even put a plate in front of the egr valve to delete it in case it was a clogged egr valve and that still didn't help. The only code Im getting now is for the egr valve but I know for a fact the egr valve is not the problem. The distributor is 1 year old and the car runs too god to be that problem. Any ideas?

Check and see if your catalytic converter is clogged. I know its not an easy task but my lx was having problems acceleration problems and I found it to be that the cat was clogged. I couldn't take hills and out of nowhere it would fall on its face and not have any power, then out of nowhere be normal.
    Cincinnati, ohio Bengals for life
    "Who Dey"

Comment

Working...
    X