Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CPG's 1986 Mazda 323 Daily Driver Her name is Maxine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPG's 1986 Mazda 323 Daily Driver Her name is Maxine.

I went with EGTEric93 to check out a 1986 Mazda 323. It needed a clutch. All the door handles were busted (inside and out). The interior is shot. Needs front struts like no ones business. The body is decent but has a pretty horrid silver repaint over the nice stock dark grey (same color as my old GT). But I offered him $400, he said no. I started to walk away and he chased me down. He took $400 for it. It has 110k original miles. Runs pretty good, drives like garbage because the struts. Plans are keep her mostly stock. Upper and lower GTX wings, some nicer front/rear seats. Rio/sephia console, possibly a jdm grill (working a trade now) If I can find another tachometer cluster I would be in for that as well. If this b6 ever blows up, I will probably swap in a b6d and keep on trucking! Anyway enough chit-chat onto the pictures!

Broken Door handle and mirror on the passenger side.

So happy I fixed this and I found black handles off an 88 SE!

Why does it always seem my BF's have broken drivers side tail lights. They painted over the license plate lights.

My fix for the paint over the license plate lights. Off an 88 SE.

Sort of wish it was a facelift so I had one of each but oh well, maybe I will convert it.

Interior is shot other then the clean carpet. You can see the door panels/broken handles.

Did what I could for the door panel, I may use these until I find better ones. May cut some 5.25's into these and just run them.

Drivers side looks pretty good!

You can see the wagon behind her!

110k original miles w00t!
    1991 Mazda 323 Base (Gretchen)-Build Thread
    Sold-1987 Mazda 323 Wagon (Molly)-Build Thread
    R.I.P.-1988 Mazda 323 GT (Misty) -Build Thread

Oh Colorado, how beautiful your mountains and awesome your roads!

That's roughly the same milage as my GT lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

haha you and eric must be in car heaven now, buyin up all the old b chassis

NW MAZDAS

Comment

Dude.. that mileage... awesome
        1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
        Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
        "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            That's roughly the same milage as my GT lol
            I saw, your Gt is a lot nicer though!
            Originally posted by bogaut View Post
            haha you and eric must be in car heaven now, buyin up all the old b chassis
            Yepp pretty much,4 and counting in the driveway now! I think we can fit 6 comfortably lol.
            Originally posted by worldhazard View Post
            Dude.. that mileage... awesome
            Thanks, I thought it was a good deal. I am sure I will enjoy driving her everyday!

Comment

Awesome price for the millage! It just needs some loving! I do have a full B6T turbo kit if you want it. Throw me an offer, it's just taking up room in my garage for no reason lol.

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                Awesome price for the millage! It just needs some loving! I do have a full B6T turbo kit if you want it. Throw me an offer, it's just taking up room in my garage for no reason lol.
                If I had a B6D swapped into the wagon I would be all over this! If I can find a capri I may hit you up! Do you have ECU and wiring? Or just the bolt on stuff?

Comment

Check your pm...it is Christmas and Santa has heard you.

Comment

I only have these parts.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	1239149

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
                      I only have these parts.[ATTACH=CONFIG]64521[/ATTACH]
                      I got an offer from Clay I can't refuse, that's where my extra cash is going! I am sure you'll be able to sell that stuff!

Comment

I was only going to ask $100 plus shipping. I just need it out of my garage! Lmk if you know someone that wants it.

Comment

Put that stuff up on fordfestiva.com.

Comment

Working...
                          X