97 Protege cylinder 1 misfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

97 Protege cylinder 1 misfire

Tested spark-good. Tested compression-150. Noid test-good. Listened to injector with 3/8 drive extension-ticking away like the others. Any thoughts? Going to pull, clean, then move around injectors (on a Christmas budget or would order a set of 4) if no fix then I guess I'm looking for a valve issue despite the dry fire reading of 150 lbs.
    Last edited by katherine.1204; 12-19-2014, 07:41 PM.

How did you test spark?
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Put brand new ones in and a few miles later still misfiring, pulled the wire off stuck a screwdriver in it and held it next to the valve cover. Did the same with the plug connected to the wire and both times had plenty of spark. Interestingly, the plug had dry, dark carbon residue already while the one next to it was still clean. Probably 100 miles or so.
      Last edited by katherine.1204; 12-22-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Switching the injectors is a good plan. If you're in a place that gets winter gas consider bumping the timing down a degree or two as well.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
        X