1988 GTX Restoration - Going To Be Fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
    I keep thinkin about a pod that sits on the dash pad in front of the clock port angled to the driver. That would also have the wiring access available as well as a mounting point without butchering a good dash pad. It could also house the clock as well.
    Like this?

Comment

Yes but a bit more interior refined for a nice road car. That is fine for a track car as I am sure this is. Even an aluminum pod with a vinyl or leather cover that matches the pad or a spray coating painted to match. This sounds right up your fabricating alley.

Comment

Well let me play with some ideas...stay tuned.

Comment

I was looking at the chariot gauge system that uses an app to talk to the gauge controller so I could use an old Android phone or tablet as a gauge pod. I might just ditch that and go with the MS and the virtual dash. Then again, I never have time to do anything...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny how that happens to us as time goes on.

Comment

Ahhhh the '80s!

Comment

Sweet!!
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

After 6+ months on non-starting issues, I have the car running again...finally! The culprit was the ECU to engine main harness that was previously tampered with, I removed it and replaced it with one from my donor GTX. So pleased that the car is running again after a frustrating many months

I also lifted my car as high as it could go to save it during the devastating Hurricane Harvey (Aug. 26th to 28th) - luckily I was dry during the storm and while it was up in the air, I replaced the coil over springs with Ground Control springs, which are 4.5 lbs lighter overall and I was able to get the car a bit lower as well.

So here are the pictures from last night.

Yasin

Comment

Was it the ECU or the wiring harness that was changed?

Comment

man thats so clean.
                      What springs did you have prior 4.5lbs a piece is a pretty significant change. did you change the spring rates at all?
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
                        Was it the ECU or the wiring harness that was changed?
                        Terry - Harness

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                        man thats so clean.
                        What springs did you have prior 4.5lbs a piece is a pretty significant change. did you change the spring rates at all?
                        To clarify - 4.5lbs total, so about 1.25lbs each, yes I went with a slightly less stiff spring for the street that happened to be shorter, hence the weight saving. Thanks for the compliment on the car too!!

Comment

ahh that makes sense, what spring rate(s) are you running now?

Comment

On the "new" coilover springs:

Front rating: 300 lbs per inch

Rear rating: 200 lbs per inch

Comment

do you have any drive time on the new springs yet? curious what your thoughts are for this setup...
                              Im running 275 Front -- 250 Rear for me it feels like i could still go softer in the front, 225 maybe.

Comment

No drive time yet...but soon and I will certainly share my feedback.

Comment

Working...
                                X