Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Haha...cracking me up buddy.

Comment

cleaning the carpet & floor pan underneath is always an overwhelming task. good to see fresher carpet in there!
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

So a few weeks ago I was heading to work and the shifter cable pulled out of the peg on the transmission due to a very worn rubber bushing. It rendered the car useless.

After calling my good friend who works for Mazda, he confirmed that these cables are NLA and when they were available they were in the $200 range.

So after pondering some options to fix it, I wandered into my local O'Reileys parts store and came up with a solution, it literally takes an hour of your time and $5.

I bought these generic rubber bushings for a wiper motor that have the exact outer diameter and also inner diameter for the metal guide sleeve.

I pressed out the old sleeve from worn Mazda bushing and inserted into the new rubber piece I bought from O'Reileys. I also epoxied it all in place to make sure it would not separate over time and then found a stainless washer of the appropriate diameter and drilled out the center to fit the peg on the transmission. All this work was done with the cable in the car, no need to remove anything.

And voila! Back to running again

Worn OE Mazda bushing on left below:

Right arrow show the new retainer stainless washer to keep everything together and the left arrow shows the new rubber bushing in place.

Hope this helps you guys!

Yasin

Comment

nice find!! and can't beat the price
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Hey that's great work, good stuff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Front lip installed and the GT in the background.

Comment

Your doing an outstanding job!
                  Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

I am so jealous. I'd kill to have a GTAE bumper and here you are rocking two :D.

Cars are looking nice, keep up the outstanding job :D

Comment

Originally posted by Pashka0788 View Post
                      Your doing an outstanding job!
                      Thank-you!

Originally posted by Wildfire0310 View Post
                      I am so jealous. I'd kill to have a GTAE bumper and here you are rocking two :D.

Cars are looking nice, keep up the outstanding job :D
                      I appreciate it. Contact Piotr he'll take care of you, I believe he has a really nice one (or two) left. They are available the caveat being the cost to buy, the cost to ship (from Europe) and the cost to make them look good including any bracketry work (as most of the brackets are rusty) based on age, climate they have been exposed to and poor Japanese metal quality in the '80s.

Comment

Pretty good Sunday afternoon, I installed a new MoMo steering wheel and nice to get rid of the old crumbly and cracked stock steering wheel, and started making a new gauge mount out of aluminum to be installed in the center console (boost and AFR).

Last edited by slownrusty; 11-06-2016, 07:56 PM.

Comment

how much visibility will you have there?

Comment

Good point (as you do!)

I am going to angle the gauges "upwards" towards the driver, to reduce the distraction and focus time as per the cardboard template I made in the picture above.

The positioning will be similar to the Mk1 VW Golf GTI and Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-16 if you remember those....here are the pictures:

Comment

that'll be cool! subbin'

Comment

I keep thinkin about a pod that sits on the dash pad in front of the clock port angled to the driver. That would also have the wiring access available as well as a mounting point without butchering a good dash pad. It could also house the clock as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X