No announcement yet.

1988 GTX Restoration - Going To Be Fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So yesterday was a big day, for us owners in the U.S. I finally received an "Antique Plate" for my GTX, which means I renew once every 5 years and no more annual safety, emission or inspection tests. And I only have to install the rear plate only (no front plate). She's 30 years old and looks fantastic!

Note the "B6" on the plate! Awesome.

Comment

Congratulations!
      1990 Protege 4WD
      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
      ├┼┤
      2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

damn, TX screws you still. in WI. its a one time registration thats good for life. (but your not allowed to drive it in january-not that you'd want to)
        either way, im sure its still repreeve from yearly registration.... and that plate, well its badass
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Its a BF weekend!

Comment

sooo clean!!
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Thank-you!

Comment

Hey man.... How did you make out in the hurricane? You okay?

Comment

Originally posted by LN323 View Post
                  Hey man.... How did you make out in the hurricane? You okay?
                  Thank you for asking, yes, I fared well during Hurricane Harvey...fortunately no issues and no water.

Comment

so may i ask where you get your GTAE bumpers from?
                    I'm a milling machine!

Comment

Sure!

One came with the silver car when I bought it as a project from the previous owner (out of Nor. Cal.)

The red came from Piotr in Poland.

Comment

Alcantara dash in a GTX with red deviated stitching!

Comment

Had some time this weekend, sanded, painted and installed the GTAe top hatch spoiler that I recently bought from Piotr...this is what it looks like compared to the standard US Spec..it has an elevated lip at the back presumably to assist with downforce?

Comment

Finally mounted! Ram horn stainless manifold from Neukin, GT28RS from Pure Turbo and mock-up of the new intercooler. Today I'll plumb the oil and water lines for the turbo and start laying out the new pipes for the intercooler and the 2.5" stainless exhaust.

Comment

those manifolds are awesome!!!

Comment

Turbo upgrades are 100% complete, its nice to get the car back together. Total time was 8 weeks.

This is what I started with, when I bought the car in July of 2014 for $2,750

Comment

Working...
                                X