No announcement yet.

1988 GTX Restoration - Going To Be Fun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks Great! You took my idea though. Early Turbo clip on a GTX with the dual beam headlight. I like!
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

I can't take the credit for the early clip on the car, it was installed when I bought the car from Craig (the previous owner) and part of his vision to make the car cool and unique.

But I digress...thanks!

So today, I took the day off work and spent almost 4 hours this morning and finished-up painting every single piece of window trim. Its coming along nicely.

Primered:

Before:

After:

Top Coat:

Comment

Mounted the rear top hatch spoiler.

My lightweight battery came in today (20+ lbs saved), if all goes well tomorrow, I will make a new battery tray out of aluminum.
        Last edited by slownrusty; 05-21-2015, 10:03 PM.

Comment

210cca.... lol (but jealous of the weight loss)
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
            210cca.... lol (but jealous of the weight loss)
            I know its weighs nothing, while I am not overly obsessive with weight savings, I certainly try to do it when pragmatic.

I figure these batteries are designed for large displacement bikes with similar engine sizes to the B6T, except our B6T are low compression and do not need the huge CCA to turn them over. I have been using the Odyssey PC680 in my Turbocharged Datsun Z for the past 10 years and it has less CCA than this Big Crank battery, so I am sure it will be just fine. I plan to keep it on a trickle charger when I am not driving the car.

Yasin

Comment

I finally made the a new aluminum battery tray for the car for the lighter and smaller AGM battery..weight saving around 25lbs.

Comment

thats pretty sweet!
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

^^ Thank-you.

Wheels (and tires) are in..teaser pics..these are 15x6.5 with a 40mm offset and weigh only 11 lbs (!!) each. I spent hours and hours looking for the "right" wheels before deciding on these.

Last edited by slownrusty; 05-16-2015, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Those will be nice on a silver car. What kind of suspension is under the car? Also I just noticed that the belt molding under the left rear quarter window is broken.
                    Last edited by azgtx; 05-16-2015, 09:09 AM.

Comment

The car currently has stock suspension but with the sale a full set of new coilovers were included.

What exactly is the "belt" molding, if you mean the trim piece under the left rear window yes it is damaged and I spent some straightening it out before painting it, you should have seen it before.

Comment

I dropped off the GTAe front bumper and Euro / JDM rear bumper to my body shop to paint / color match this week (I should have it back next week), both bumper has their fair share of wear, gouges, scratches from being 25+ years old, so will require a fair bit of prep before painting. I have to make a new bumper bracket (this weekend) to fit the rear bumper - this will take some time as the one that came with the bumper is terribly rusted, fortunately the front GTAe front bumper bracket was in decent shape and I am having that that powder coated (picking it up tomorrow).

Before paint:

Comment

Can you show me what the bumper bracket is? I still have one I haven't installed and I don't know if I'm missing anything in order to install it.

'88 GT
                          '88 GTX
                          '85 Toyota Cressida 5-Speed
                          '88 323 GT
                          '88 323 GTX

Comment

And the "new" interior that will be installed in the car (hoping this weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Rotary View Post
                              Can you show me what the bumper bracket is? I still have one I haven't installed and I don't know if I'm missing anything in order to install it.

'88 GT
                              '88 GTX
                              Sure...Front or rear?

Comment

Front please

'88 GT
                                '88 GTX
                                '88 323 GT
                                '88 323 GTX

Comment