Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Rotary View Post
    Front please

If you can wait until tomorrow, I will snap some good pictures for you after I pick it up from my powdercoater. For the GTAe (front) bumper the bracket is three (3) pieces but "tied" together with fasteners.

Comment

Of course I can. Thank you

'88 GT
      '88 GTX
      '85 Toyota Cressida 5-Speed
      '88 323 GT
      '88 323 GTX

Comment

So Yasin, how did you come up with that fabric pattern in those seats? They look to be one of the Euro / JDM types.

Comment

I bought the bumpers and interior from Piotr. What a trek across the world for these parts.

Comment

Nice.. And a trek across the wallet as well. Glad I am not the only sicko lol. We are gonna have to keep these cars until the end of time to get the $$'s worth out of them huh. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
              Nice.. And a trek across the wallet as well. Glad I am not the only sicko lol. We are gonna have to keep these cars until the end of time to get the $$'s worth out of them huh. Nice.
              Agreed! Sicko is an understatement! Gotta to drive 'em and enjoy 'em brotha!

Comment

Fairly productive day.

I made a new Intercooler to Intake Manifold aluminum pipe and mounted the HKS SSQ BOV valve. I also picked up the valve cover from the powder coater and the red wrinkle came out much better than I thought.

Before:

Making the new intercooler pipe:

After, all welded and polished and red wrinkle valve cover installed:

As requested Mr. Rotary, GTAe front bumper bracket:

Comment

so much going on it that engine bay!!! the valve cover & new pipe look good! nice work
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

That is one down side point on these cars is the vast clutter in the bay. Going with a bp swap and a stand alone with a battery relocation gets rid of all of the harness do dads and opens it up. But we do deal with it using other focal points.

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                      so much going on it that engine bay!!! the valve cover & new pipe look good! nice work
                      That's ironic, that you say its "busy", I was thinking quite the opposite, with the AC removed and the JDM / Euro manifold, I find that working in there access and following lines and wiring fairly straightforward. With the car's age, I could also clean it up by removing the EVAP system and associated lines.

Comment

Go for a wire tuck, breh.

Comment

Originally posted by BFMRGTX View Post
                          Go for a wire tuck, breh.
                          I already did a tummy tuck, so have no funds left for a wire tuck breh.

Comment

No a/c in a Houston car...winter cruiser huh. Can't get much into June here with my white GTX with no a/c. The black one does though and I just converted it to 134A so I will see if it can keep up as the R12 did. Being the we know where and what all the wires are for I can see your point....just the open the hood and geez factor still gets to me.

Comment

When I bought the car, the AC components were removed (maybe the car did not originally come with AC) and I am not sure how much trouble and $$ I want to spend on retro-fitting AC, as you know it has been adding up quickly. In Houston, basically from June to September is when you need AC, the rest of the year is bearable.

I am running R12 in my GT and so far the car does really well in the middle of our extreme heat.

Yasin

Comment

Yep r12 is fine. It is just when you retrofit the 134a into an r12 system the condensor is not adequate to keep up. It will cost about 5-8 degrees....not so bad but gas is readily available which is a plus. Putting ac in the car is pretty easy really. Might cost you 600-700 if you do it yourself with new parts. You have choices with your stable.

Comment

Working...
                                X