95 BHA 1.5L No Heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 BHA 1.5L No Heat

I'm having problems with my buddy's 95 protege. It doesn't make heat. We changed the thermostat and did an extensive coolant system flush and still no dice. What are we missing?
    2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
    1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Heater core? check that yet?
    Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

yep, flushed it both ways until it came out clear. It gets some heat when it's warm, but on cold as balls days like today it's nothing.
      1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

and the air moves and all right? Fan kicks on? Check the blender door?
        Not What you build, But HOW.

Comment

Make sure the water pump is pumping as well
          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

cardboard in front of the radiator. & make sure the selector is fully closing off the cold air & only opening to the heat portion. sometimes the flapper doors inside the HVAC unit don't move all the way closed.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I will try those two things.

My buddy is freezing with all of this nasty weather.
              1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
              X