Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2002 ES factory sway bar bushings and endlinks

Hello,

I've found tons of stuff about replacement bushings for the Mazdaspeed sway bars. What are the (mm) sizes of the stocks on an ES? Is it worthwhile to go poly vice the standard rubber replacements?

Also, is there and preferred brand of endlinks? or an avoid-at-all-costs brand?

Thanks,

Mike

mevotech i've heard is an upgrade replacement for the endlinks. something from a different late model ford that fits. Cant' recall exactly.
    poly bushings are always a good upgrade. rubber will do just fine if your on a budget & they are cheaper.
    find the dimension of the swaybar & go from there. if you have a digital caliper you can easily measure it in MM & find out.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Some time ago when doing suspension mods I measured the 2002 OEM DX stabilizer bars' diameters with my metric caliper: 21 mm front; 17.5 mm rear. I replaced them with the MSP stabilizer bars: 25 mm front; 20 mm rear. To use the rear MSP bar requires substituting the OEM rear subframe with the one from the MSP.

Happy Motoring!
      02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
      MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
      MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
      Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
      MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
      Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
      Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
      Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
      Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
      Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
      Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
      Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
      Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

late to the discussion, but i have rear poly bushings for the stock 2003 ES 2.0 sway bar. they are from SuperPro, part number: SPF2621-17K. the 17 in the part number means 17mm. it's not a perfect fit for the 17.5mm bar, but it sits flush and haven't had any issues. no noticeable difference in ride/handling. the bush should have a longer service life which is worth paying a little extra for me.

the Energy Suspension bushings part number: 9.5127 are said to be a direct replacement for the front 23mm bushing (though not officially through Energy Suspension's part index). they even fit inside the OEM bushing brackets.

mevotech front end links part number: MK80258 are way beefier and sturdier looking. even has grease fittings (mevotech on left, factory part on right):

Comment

Working...
        X