• Show
Clear All

That happy compression test moment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425336058.160820.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	1272313
    (Edit: gauge was messed and without knowing the history on compression tests I actually read above 125 on the test since needle started at 100 because gauge is messed)

Now my question is. Is that a good compression reading and should I not be happy lol

190,000km on this motor 1.8 bp05. 125 or higher all the way in all four cylinders. Time to turbo maybe? Any tuning suggestions from experienced tuners? Think I should do anything inside the motor with these good compression readings? Only thing I'll be doing is putting in my corksport cams and changing my lifters at this rate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ExodusCheese; 03-02-2015, 08:18 PM. Reason: Wrong info in details

do you know any history about this motor?? thats far above normal compression...
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Could be the gauge I was using lol history wise no. Just going by the reading each cylinder gave me on the gauge.

Comment

*face palm* yah I realize how stupid I look now haha. Now that you said it. The gauge I was using had the needle sitting just below 100 and when I did the test ended at about 225 so the gauge is messed. In reality I would only have about 125 on the test

Comment

is that a dry compression test?? did you add oil into the cylinder & try another test???
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Dry no oil

Comment

do another test (wet test) with some oil down the plug hole. do a google search to look up how much to add.

Comment

Ok when I have another chance I will do so. What range should I be expecting for a good test?

Comment

If the gauge is off, or not setting to zero, I would not trust what its telling you. Buy or barrow a new gauge that is in good working order, then redo this test.
                  Mazda
                  1988 Black 323 GT
                  DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

That happy compression test moment

Yup the gauge is toast I found out will be getting a new one

Comment

I would use another gauge. The fact it was off to start means it's more than likely inaccurate.
                      91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
                      X