Unknown Seats and Bolt Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Seats and Bolt Access

What seats are these from? How do I access the right rear bolt for the driver's side/left rear bolt for the passenger's side?
    Attached Files

They look like they're from a mid-90s Honda or Toyota, maybe? Not 100% sure, as most (non-racing) seats have adjustable headrests. As to accessing the bolts, you'll have to slide the seat forward and maybe get a little creative with a swivel attachment, or maybe just use a wrench. If you had a shot of the bolts themselves it would be easier to determine.
    1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

holy picture size batman
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

OK so these aren't some special Mazda pieces. Fourth bolt hole doesn't line up, won't pass tech inspection. I'll have to remove the seats and hone out the bracket hole.

EDIT: previous owner is telling me MX6 seats
        Last edited by boosted94; 04-02-2015, 06:42 PM. Reason: previous owner got back to me

Comment

This is what I'm talking about. Access is tight and it looks like these brackets were thrown together to mount the MX6 seats. Haven't messed with it enough, need to get the seat belts sorted out first, looks like a wrench will fit in there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	1240891

Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket2.jpg
Size:	395.6 KB
ID:	1240892

Comment

all of that is strange. find some OE seats & be done with it.
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

FE3-323 has a point. If the holes don't line up, and you can't modify the holes on the brackets to make them line up, then it's probably not worth the effort. Those aren't exactly Sparcos. Do you have any more clearance if you slide the seat forward? It looks like you might. If not, a wrench will fit, but the bolt may not.
              1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Ford Probe seat belts are in and functional. All eight seat bolts are in for both seats. Honed out one of the clearance holes on the driver's side seat bracket with a dremel tool so the bolt would go through. Yea yea I'm bellyaching because I had to use an actual wrench and couldn't zip it in with a ratchet. I like the seating position of the MX6 seats, I'm pretty sure that is why they were installed. I feel the height of the OE seats would have me crammed over the steering wheel as opposed to slung back.

Comment

Finally found a pic of these seats in another car. Looks like they're second gen rx7 seats. Click image for larger version

Name:	00909_9bbBQmrM8us_600x450.jpg
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	1240977

Comment

Working...
                  X