B6 to B6T swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B6 to B6T swap question

Not sure if this has been covered in anther thread or not. If it has, you can just refer me to that thread if you want, or you can just answer my question please and thank you.

Just want to know if you are converting from a B6 to a B6t, do you need to use a B6T engine harness or can I just use the one I have?

I do have a complete GTX harness, but if I don't need to swap it over, I'd rather not. But are there any real advantages with using the GTX harness or can I get away with the one I have?

I *think* there is no significant difference but it's been way too long since I played that game. You might just compare things like sensor plugins and such between what's in the car and what's on your shelf. What are you doing for engine management?
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

The GTX harness will have more wires than you need for sure. You will need get the schematics side by side to see you the wires that will not be needed. The diff lock motor system will obviously not be needed. You could cut that out or just not use it. The motor will run of course with the GTX harness. If you'd want to work a trade I have a couple GT harnesses that I will not be using.

Comment

I believe you need to swap the whole thing if you want to use all the B6T Electronics. The b6 does not use a knock box. The B6T Also uses weird sensor voltages. What are your plans with the car? It may be less hassle to go megasquirt. Depending on your local smog laws.
        i know its a piece of crap... but im still faster...

Comment

Correct you cannot use the b6 harness at all. You will remove all of the b6 electronics and swap in the whole kit from a BF 323 GT turbo ideally. Lmk when you are ready..I have all of it for this swap.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. I don't think I can run the megasquirt and still pass emissions. As far as engine management, I was just planning on running the GTX ecu for now and have some fun with it, however if this is not the best thing I'll figure something out. But I might just pm you azgtx and see what he has

Comment

Working...
            X