Hello From The Caribbean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From The Caribbean

Hey everyone, I found this website through a Google search and just though the name alone was perfect. I own a Grey, 16-valve DOHC, Automatic Transmission, 2002 Mazda 323, I'm at work writing this post so I'll be posting up some pictures of it later - It's definitely going to need some spray work (met it in a little accident a month and a half after getting it ) so what I had to do was pretty much but a Nose Cut from a Mazda protege and have that fitted to it, so all the body work has been done to it. My next plan is to have it sprayed over, as for the other visuals on it, wanna get rims (17's maybe), have it lowered and then move onto the performance aspect of it, I wanna keep it automatic and I'm also wondering what type of modifications I could do it to make it a little faster. Where I'm from I've seen other Mazda users change out their engines completely and add Nissan or Toyota engines to the car but my budget right now isn't going to allow me to do any engine conversions. I'm looking forward to any help you guys can offer to me and also looking forward to being more involved in the Club Protege life

Welcome to CP. We're glad to have you involved in our Forum.

I'm sure you'll find a great deal of information here on modifying your car.

Happy Motoring!
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Thanks! I'll definitely go look around and ask for the relevant advice

Comment

Here are a couple of the pics I promised, sorry for the bad lighting, was in a hurry taking em

uploadfromtaptalk1429450365108.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429450554685.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429450916927.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1429449828800.jpg

Comment

Welcome. I'm from Ja and I own a BJ sedan.

You can look into acquiring the Mazdaspeed Protege (MSP) oem parts as upgrade for your car.

First on your list should be the MSP suspension parts of Racingbeat front and rear lower tie bar, upper strut tower bar & MSP stock suspension of Tokico struts & Racingbeat lowering springs. After this upgrade you will notice the improved handling of your BJ. With the improved handling the fun factor of the BJ chassis went up.

As you go along you will get input from the CP members along your way. Goldstar himself have some nice "how to" threads with the mention mods that I suggested & others for the BJ chassis.

Comment

Thanks a lot Mazkam and yes I definitely checked out Goldstars threads, them on point, I'll keep you all updated on my progress, do you know anywhere in Jamaica that I can get some of the above mentioned? (I know about MazJam in Kingston) or I'm guessing its better I order and ship everything I need?

Comment

Most of your MSP & P5 performance parts & body kit will have to be sourced in the US or from T&T, but the parts in T&T seems expensive in comparison to those from the US.

I've been looking for the body kit of MSP side skirt, rear bumper lip & front bumper lip (I have the MSP/SP20 front bumper) locally but no luck. I've found the MSP & P5 parts readily available online in the US & the SP20 parts in Trinidad & Tobago.
              Last edited by mazkam; 04-19-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Okay cool, I'll keep yuh posted on the Mazda journey I'm already looking at some MSP parts online, my first step though for sure is to get a new paint job, get it looking clean again then I'm gonna start on the suspension as you said

Comment

The RS front bumper with fog lamps can be had in following currency equivalent from Trinidad & Tobago.

$285.12 US
                  $1800 TTD (Trinidad & Tobago)
                  $32,689.69 JMD (Jamaica)

This is the cost before shipping from Trinidad & Tobago.

Actual part for sale.

Fitment.

The MSP or P5 front bumpers can be had for less, but this is just for reference regarding pricing between the parts in US & T&T.

BTW.... there a few bpt powered BJ in T&T and there 2 bp-t powered BJ (wagon & sedan) in Ja.

1. Familia Navi Sport Wagon with a bp-t with GTR internals (rods & pistons), GTR injectors, GTR manifold & a Turbonetics t3/t4 running on Honda management with Toyota gearbox conversion.

2. Familia sedan with a bp-t with bpt intake/exhaust manifold, Garrett t28 turbocharger, bpt oem management of injectors, ecu & airflow meter.

So now you know some of your island neighbors with engine swaps that are still Mazda. I did see a silver BJ with the VVL SR20 installed sometime last month and when say it, i said "now here is Nissan powered fwd sedan that can handles".
                  Last edited by mazkam; 04-20-2015, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I have a mazdaspeed turbo setup for sale for the BJ FS 2.0l if your looking to go that route for more power
                    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Good lookin out Mazkam, I think that's the same bumper and nose cut I have on my car now. I'm not ready to buy the performance parts as yet @ FE3-323 - I wanna work on the cosmetics first (plus I'm still paying the loan I took to buy the car lol) so its a one step at a time thing for me right now

Comment

Welcome.
                        1990 Protege 4WD
                        GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                        ├┼┤
                        2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Hey guys have you y'all ever seen a problem where the car doesn't go into Drive once you start it up in the mornings and the engine is still cold?

I did a change on the transmission fluid and filter and it didn't make a difference. I have to start the car and allow it to idle for at least 10 minutes or more before I can go into drive and move off, if I try to move while the engine is still cold, it just revs and stays in place or if I'm on an incline it just rolls back

Comment

You may probably need a transmission, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Working...
                            X