Charging issued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging issued.

Ok so I got a 91 323 hatch. I believe we call it a bg. With an engine swap. I believe we call it a Bp (1.8 DOHC) Well this is my issue. It was given to me by a friend who did not know what he had. So I drove it and the battery stopped working. I replaced it and it did it again 2 days later. I replaced the alternator assuming that it would clear my problem and charged the battery. I drove it during the weekend and feel like it is draining the battery again. I'm going to have the alternator check tomorrow. But mean while I wanted to see if any one can out may know what can I do to figure out what the problem is.

test light! Either the alt is shot or you have a massive short circuit.
    '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
    '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Just put an alternator in. Going to have that tested. I do believe it's a shortage. Just don't know where to start looking for it.

Comment

Make sure the belt is tight enough. If it isn't the alt won't charge properly. Also, if the alt test is good, you may want to swap in a known good battery and see how that fares. It's entirely possible yours is too weak to hold a charge now. That said, a massive draw is quite possible. Eliminate the easy stuff first, though, before hunting an electrical gremlin.
        1995 626: daily beater, mostly stock. Future NASA racer?

Next up: Speed6 or RX-8

Comment

Ok thanks for the advice. I will get a new battery. I also removed the aftermarket radio and the fuse for the radio. I believe that that's what was draining it. Will update with my results. I do appreciate your help fellas.

Comment

Working...
          X