mazda gtr abs to non abs mazda 929 / ms9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mazda gtr abs to non abs mazda 929 / ms9

Can someone confirm if the non abs master cylinder out of a mazda ms9 / sentia is a correct fit into swapping from my ABS master cylinder in gtr? Do lines all bolt up without any modifications?

my abs is having trouble, pedal is spongy and abs light / handbrake light on. So wanting to ditch ABS.

just realized i posted in the bf section instead of bg my bad lol
    Last edited by madazgtr; 05-11-2015, 02:14 AM.

I can't answer your question.

I could have installed the ABS from a GT-X halfcut that I had, but I chose to retain my original non-ABS master cylinder and vacuum booster. I've been running with that without any issues for several years. Just to clarify, I'm referring to the stock unit for a 1990 Protégé (or 323 4-door) 4WD with AT.

That's a scary ABS setup, if it's the same as the one I had. There is no vacuum backup, so when it fails there is simply no more braking available. I'd recommend ditching that as soon as you can.

I've read on here over the years about other master cylinder/booster combos that work in a BG, but I can't tell you what they all were. I know more than one used MX-5 parts. Do a search and see what you can come up with.
    1990 Protege 4WD
    GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
    ├┼┤
    2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Working...
    X