Radiator fan motors for 1988 SOHC 323 hatchback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator fan motors for 1988 SOHC 323 hatchback

I want the fan motor that goes in front of the radiator. It is a flat little motor. Is this an item that is available aftermarket?

I replaced the fan motor behind the radiator. I got it from the local Carquest. It is getting me by for now but summer is coming and it will be above ninety degrees for most of the time until fall.

Thanks in advance if you can point me in the right direction.
    1988 SOHC 5-speed Mazda 323 SE Hatchback
    1990 MX-6 (in repair)

I use the oem fan and motor here in the Arizona summers and they work fine at 115*. If you are having cooling issues with a new fan the problem is likely your radiator, cap and or thermostat..and if so another fan will do you no good. The sohc radiators are huge and you can get them in 2 row as well. Money better spent there.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this car came with two radiator fans.

The one on the back of the radiator works with the ac and off of the sensor on the thermostat housing.

I think the fan on the front of the radiator works from a sensor on the bottom of the radiator. I don't find parts listings for this fan.

I am not having cooling issues (yet) but I want both fans working anyway.
      1988 SOHC 5-speed Mazda 323 SE Hatchback
      1990 MX-6 (in repair)

Comment

Ah...The front fan is the condenser fan that works with the A/C ...not on a radiator temp relay.

Comment

Working...
        X