Strut Mount Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut Mount Issue

I bought new MOOG strut mounts for my rear struts and was surprised to find out that there are no studs that are attached to the mount so that I could bolt it to my towers.

Has anyone had this problem before?

I threw out my old mounts because they were garbage so I can't use those ones. Also does anyone know where to get new rubber insulators for the top of the mount?

think they are just a easier,cheaper way to make them.most likely not on par with the oe goods,but we cant be too picky.
    you try mazda for the isolators?Do you have the old ones or did you toss those as well?

Comment

Pm'd. I have some for you.

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
        think they are just a easier,cheaper way to make them.most likely not on par with the oe goods,but we cant be too picky.
        you try mazda for the isolators?Do you have the old ones or did you toss those as well?
        If you need the isolators i may have some ratty complete ones kicking around,you need em pay me shippin,slip cp a tenner or so,done deal.

Comment

Originally posted by nickz View Post
          If you need the isolators i may have some ratty complete ones kicking around,you need em pay me shippin,slip cp a tenner or so,done deal.
          I saved the isolators, though they aren't in perfect shape. I tried mazda but I think I was quoted $40 a piece for them. My just install them as is.

Comment

I just welded bolts in place on the mounts. They work well.

Comment

I wanna see a pic of that

Comment

Cool,were did u get the mounts from? just curious,werer they for a awd?not like i need em but nice to know they are stiil around,
                Right on, welding the bolts hell of lot better then trying to fish those effers up the towers thats for sure.

Comment

Oh geez...you are talking about the rubber spring isolators. You will get squeaks without them for sure. The uppers are important as they line up and hold the spring in the mount without moving around. I would make the monetary sacrifice and order them from Mazda. The lowers you can get away with using and inner tube cut up to fit.

Comment

Working...
                  X