So much trouble.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much trouble.....

She was so much trouble. I loved her 4 four years. 120k-190k then she started burning oil and i bought 4 calipers twice that year so I sold her for peanuts. Bought a Mazda 3. Cried. Crying currently. Need a new protege.... The 3 just isn't a protege. It really doesn't handle well or accelerate well either. Bigger engine than my 01 but somehow crappier. Guy I sold her to painted her hood black. Ripped the powdercoating off the rims and put lime green accents inside her and it was on CL last weak. Idk where else this belongs because my heart went boom.

The love. The new girl. Still rocking the protege wheels for snows.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	10989169_10202976173359169_269825777211351756_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1273145Click image for larger version

Name:	63324_3671138950947_627626733_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	1273146

the other cars still had some mazda feel left to them.... hard to say that for the newer stuff.
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Agreed. Now I get the old farmers who lamented their Tin Lizzys. There's just... somethin bout that era Hiroshima grocerygetter.
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I'm all for new but it just doesn't drive the same. I'm having a hard time finding a clean one too lol

Comment

I really can't say I'm all for new. There is so much more extra weight and useless technology and expense every year... I don't want ABS, ESC, SRS, EGR, EPS, OBDII, or drive by wire/brake by wire, and there is so much more I haven't listed! But it's federally mandated for all cars past certain years. I may not ever have a vehicle newer than 1995.
          1990 Protege 4WD
          GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
          ├┼┤
          2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

Im not big on the newer stuff except the speed lineup. They still seem to hold the old Mazda spirit.
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Working...
            X