Red Bull 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Bull 323

I bought M323GTR's 323. My daughter's are calling it the Red Bull car. It is on it's way to me as I write this and it should be in tomorrow morning. The plan is to get it up and running as a daily driver that I can take to the track. It will not be quite the all out machine that Tony was building. I don't need to be the fastest guy at the track (someone is always faster).
    Last edited by Rivet; 06-12-2015, 06:10 PM.

we'll have to catch up again, its been a few years. Glad the car went to a good home
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I hope you get enjoyment out of it I'll Def miss it
      sigpic

Comment

it's here!

It's Here! The rain cleared up long enough to unload, but that is about it. It started to down-pour, but I drove the car about 100 feet. Tony included so much extra stuff, the whole back of the car was full. I could just fit behind the steering wheel. Tomorrow, I'll get it in the shop, start cleaning it up and figure out what I have. The paint is rough, it's a "30 footer". It has a weird texture to it, I'd call it orange peel, but it more like it was painted with a dry wall gun. But nothing a DA can't fix. At this point, I couldn't tell you what the original color is. Tony included 2 new doors, I think they're black, so the car may end up black. I'd like to start making carbon-fiber parts for it, so it makes sense to go with black.
        Attached Files

Comment

Mmmm.. hood struts..
          1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
          Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
          "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

Glad she made it there in one piece I was Goin for a matte black color
            sigpic

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Base-VE-Table.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	1241157Click image for larger version

Name:	Base-Timing-Table.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1241158I got it into the shop, changed out the wheels/Tires. Cleaned out all of the stuff in the back. It was a big puzzle. The extra doors must have shifted in transport and the trim piece around the gauge cluster got smashed. I think it is the same as Protégé and there was a protégé in one of the local junkyards a few years back. I hope it is still there and hopefully I won't have to buy the whole dash board to get the trim piece. I drove it around the parking lot last night, it is much faster than the MX6, it is also much noisier! Today, it would hardly run at all, it was breaking up off idle. I think the timing is to aggressive for the fuel I have it in. BUT the bigger problem is that the TPS is stuck at 99% and the wide-band is stuck lean. No wonder it been hard to start! and there ain't no point is tuning until those are fixed. The next step is to replace the heater core and put the rest of the interior back together and along the way I imagine I'll learn all about the wiring harness!

Comment

re-calibrating the TPS sensor is super easy. that'll be a good start
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

I'm sure it's a wiring problem. Once I pull the dash back out, I can go over the wiring harness with a fine tooth comb. It the downside of buying some else project car; regardless of how good of a job they do, you need to verify everything, just so you know how its put together.

Comment

As it turns out the TPS problem was wiring related, it wasn't wired in! I had to "calibrate" the MS3 so it did not think the throttle was wide open. I also found a few loose ground. Now it runs good again, I was tearing up the parking lot before work. Much fun. The exhaust is the opposite of stealth, I'll have to make some changes, just so I don't get pulled over by every cop in every town I drive through!

Comment

well ****. what mode was it set in for running?? was it ever actually running on that setup prior?(im out of the loop)

Comment

I got about 3-4 hours of road tuning on it before we had to park it for awhile. Its set to use Map based Enrichment since it has a 3 wire TPS.
                        "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                        -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                        *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                        172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                        New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

As it turns out, the 3-wire TPS is not really a TPS; it is just 2 on/off switches. The 4-wire TPS (auto trans) is a TPS with a switch. Don't know why the MS3 thought the TPS was at 100%, perhaps that wire is grounded out. I have not started digging into the wiring harness yet. The "Fix: was to tell MS3 that the current TPS reading was closed throttle.

The new heater core arrived yesterday, so next week the dash will come out and the heater and duct work will start to go back in.

Comment

Its been a few tough weeks here. The new heater core is still not in. We are redoing our shop and for most of the summer we've only had one flat bay and 2 of us have had to share it! We are close to the end, we have a huge training event next week so everything has to be done and everything must be perfect. But, I did sell the "original" wheels and tires, so the car will head to the exhaust shop next week for a "stealth" muffler. I'm building a switch panel to go where the radio once sat. I built a Megaview 2 unit; but something went wrong at it does not turn on. The car got a new shifter ball (stock from a Protégé) and I fixed some wiring, so the wide-band now works.

Comment

Subbin
                              91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Working...
                              X