Messed up door.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messed up door.

Hello everyone, I recently purchased this car and been happy with it but it also came with a messed up door.

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars but always wanted to learn and therefore would like to know if there's any thing I can do to try to fix this door.

Now I know i'll need a new door most likely but before I buy one I wanted to see if there's anything I can do to make this look better until I have enough time and money to buy one.

Any suggestions on what I can do would be great. I just want to see how much I can get done by myself.

Hammer and a can of primer maybe. Looks like repairing that could be more than what the car is worth unless you can do the work yourself. You are looking at a 3000.00 bill there at least and trying to match the paint will be tough. That is a sedan?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Wow 3k, i paid 800 for the car(still worth it). Yes its a sedan standard version. I would like to know how to do it myself. I don't mind hardwork, just need a little guidance.

Also I plan to get the car repainted all together.

Comment

That is not for the novice. That quarter panel will need to be cut out and replaced...at least part of it. Paint ain't cheap either amigo. Maybe try to find a door the same color and just go with that. And not to be mean or anything but those DX BF sedans don't go for much more than 800 without the damage. Look for a door and just drive the car out from the financial aspect of it. If it were a GT then yes maybe dive in to it.
        Last edited by azgtx; 06-25-2015, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I see. Thanks for the advice. I don't consider the comment mean, I consider it worth it based of the condition of everything besides this side of the car and the mileage.

Comment

Yup,if I was to keep that,swap out the door(car looks to be in decent shape you are probably not in the rust belt?) if you have a welder cut the bad spots out of the quarter and patch.If no welder, bondo the sihyt quarter spots. Then finish it off with some sorta,kinda,matching spraybomb. It'll look fine if you spend a few hrs. on it.At least better than that! Get busy and let us see some progress!You really do not want to paint that car now do you?Pretty much what az said really :-) Just my opine.,good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X