Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

94 1.6L 4WD in NZ

Hi all
    I'm working on my recently purchased Familia - know nothing about Mazdas, and not heap's about cars.

I'm using tapa talk to post, and it turns my photos upsidedown, also its kinda hard to post.

I'm not going to do heaps to the car, just restore the little things that make it show its age, and the fact that it's been wired by a boy racer.

So here I will post pictures and ask questions.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers.
    Michael.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by farcryNZ; 11-27-2015, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Anybody know what the hell this unit is for? Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1435530998423.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	1241265Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1435531045001.jpg
Size:	330.5 KB
ID:	1241266
      This is near the steering column.

I'm trying to tidy up the wiring on my car. It has an aftermarket alarm installed. The headlights on warning wire, runs from the alarm, through the firewall, all the way to the front of the car, to tap into the headlight.
      And it's the same with the indicators! madness!!!
      I'm going to find the control wires under the dash and tap into them instead.

Thanks

Comment

The car starts, hazards go, indicators go, lights go, all woth this unit unplugged........oh wait.....it's central locking.....[emoji12] [emoji13]

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440633537928.jpg
Size:	374.6 KB
ID:	1241435So I finally "finished" the wiring for the alarm.
          It did have two wires going from the alarm under the dash, to each of the front indicators.
          But with some help from on here with a wiring diagram and some trial and error I was able to get the right wires in the relay, and eliminate the stupid ones.
          I also re ran the bonnet open switch and siron, because the it was wired in ribbon cable!!

Can't seem to upload pictures from my phone, will do this later from the pc.

Question: is there a contact switch on the hand break, but what is it for? No lights appear on my dash for it...

Comment

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440808734086.jpg
Size:	347.2 KB
ID:	1241442Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440808782815.jpg
Size:	347.9 KB
ID:	1241443Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440809014613.jpg
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	1241444Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440809318929.jpg
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	1241445Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440809372420.jpg
Size:	368.0 KB
ID:	1241446Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440809429295.jpg
Size:	360.3 KB
ID:	1241447Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440809470024.jpg
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	1241448

So here are the photos of last week's work

Two wires to the indicators removed, and soldered into the flasher relay plug( tape to hold it while soldering)

Re placed two wires one for the bonnet open switch and the other for the alarm siren. I had to replace the switch ( and moved it)
            Also, I just used strip Connectors to attach them because the hole in the firewall is ugly and it was getting late.

I love using spiral wrap, so much better then tape.

Comment

man that doesn't look like fun. I hate wiring jobs
              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Just realized this is a BH chassis car. I don't usually pay attention to the other chassis forums because they're so different than what I've got.

Anyway, that wiring mess doesn't look joyful at all. I have a similar wire infestation in my '97, but I don't have the patience to deal with it.

(A late) Welcome to the forums and good luck with the car.

Comment

Thanks for replying!
                  I've been trying to pick up what I can from all the models cos I know so little about these cars haha

Naaa it's not so bad a job haha, thoe the guy before me must have not liked it, pot rivets for freaks sake to hold a cigarette lighter socket thing in place.

Hey so, should I have a hand break light on my dash? I can't get mine to show up/prove there is one.

Comment

Yeah, there should be a red light on the left side of the instrument cluster when the handle is pulled up.

Comment

Figgers..... continuity of the switch is ok. I guess Il pull the low break fluid sensor and see if anything comes up....
                      Thanks Kev.

Comment

Break light can wait for now, can't be arsed pulling the dash out yet, going to pick a part this weekend so il pocket some grain of rice bulbs.

So the car came with some fog (driving) lights, from Hella, a good brand. All the wiring from them has been removed and I've taken them off. last night I opend them up in the oven.

The control wiring was:
                        A wire soldered into the high beem wire by the right headlight, which ran to a switch hidden under the dash(that had an led in it, that went to It's own ground)
                        The other side of the switch ran back through the firewall, and to a relay cable tied to near the battery, and then earthd on the battery negative terminal.

The power side was fused from the positive terminal, then relay, then split out to these lights, then back again, and earthed onto the chassis.....MANNIC!!!!

I found that there is a plug down there for fog lights, and on the dash behind a blanking plate is a 4 pin plug..... so from pick a part I'm going to nab a headlight switch, and chop off some fog light wiring for the plugs:-)

I baked the lights last night because they are all black in side.
                        (And I have to do something cos the bumper looks **** without them.
                        Freakn photos won't upload again....

Comment

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	376.6 KB
ID:	1241465Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Size:	339.1 KB
ID:	1241466Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	1241467Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1441340368858.jpg
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	1241463Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1441326952782.jpg
Size:	371.9 KB
ID:	1241464

far out its not eazy to attach photos on here

Comment

94 1.6L 4WD in NZ

made the heating fan a bit less noizy

Name:	007.jpg
ID:	1241468Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
ID:	1241468
                            Last edited by farcryNZ; 11-27-2015, 11:18 PM.

Comment

man thats beautiful scenery.

looks like you've got the typical leaf collection!!! be glad its not a mouse nest(currently dealign with that)
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                              X