94 1.6L 4WD in NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovered this:

Is it normal? It's not installed normal, all hot glued in there like that.
    Beats bubblegum
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1467429524.933364.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	1242295

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

No, but idk why they didn't come from the factory that way. I was going to do the same with mine

Comment

Another photo to demonstrate.

Also put these in these LEDs just for fun really,

Saw you can get blue golbes, so I might get them.....

After........
        I replace or get these rear trailing arm bushes, left and right, front ones failed warrant today
        (I think it's these ones?)
        (I think I know what I'm doing)

Name:	IMG_0430.JPG
Size:	328.0 KB
ID:	1242311Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0431.JPG
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	1242312
        Anyone know if I need a press to get these out once I manage to get them off?

Plus side, confirmed the loweredness of the car. I'd never seen/noticed the springs before haha

Name:	IMG_0432.JPG
Size:	263.8 KB
ID:	1242313

Comment

look for poly bushings for those trailing arms. they will fill in the gap where your factory rubber bushing is now shifting.
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I can confirm the lighting on my '97 isn't like that. I'm not sure which way I prefer though.

Name:	IMG_20160707_231730809edit.jpg
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	1242329
            Rust is the enemy

Comment

94 1.6L 4WD in NZ

Happy dawg!!

Few weeks ago I changed out the rear control arm bushes.

Got the bush kit, so didn't need that access to the press

I painted the arms with zinkit, I know it won't last but looked good to the worrent of fitness guys.
              Also sanded smooth the insides to make the bushings fit nice.

Found some classic cable ties holding a bracket for the abs to the shocks. Guess it's been that way for a while....might look closer later.

Comment

Few days ago I flushed the radiator.
                I think it was just water in there.
                To be honest, I didn't know what I was doing.

I ran the car a little with the heater on, cracked it open, pissed it out, closed it up, put deionised water in it (filtered at work for nicad batteries)
                Did that again, and again. Till it got warmer and more clear.

I also took the overflow take off and cleaned the crap out of that, it was pretty bad.

The mix is about 1/4 coolent. I only wanted to use a little because I'm hoping to pluck up the guts to do the cam belt.

I then lost the bloody radiator cap after topping up in the dark after hockey (field, hockey)

Second

Third.

Course, no photo of the clean container.

To be continued

Comment

bit out of order now but hey.

so i took the seats out, took the driver seat out as one of the leavers stopped doing anything, that turned out to be a nut come loose, allowing the leaver to come off its locator (this is the one for the front)
                  also took the time to clean the wreckers writing off it.

then i took the other seat out and the center out because i wanted to give it a good clean.

and i got carried away and took note of all the wires to the ecu (dreaming of meggersquirting it pigyback)

found this substance in the most left plug,
                  my guess is its coke. the cup holders are right above it, (spring out)
                  i used contact cleaner to clean it out best i could.

also found the negative batt terminal was loose so gave that a squeeze before tighten it back up (i could put a new lug on but i dont want the hassle.

eager to start it up again! maybe tomorrow.

also with the seat out, i cleaned some spots off with break cleaner, worked really well!!! and this...glue stuff, used the break cleaner on that with a kitchen abrasive sponge, made an improvement.

i found under the passenger seat two things.
                  10mm of a maccas chip, and the corner of a condom packet.
                  ok 4 things.
                  the fuel pump control box (activates left and right tanks?)
                  and this other box, i dont know what it is.

the dog wasnt much help, on my back while i cleaned out the ecu.

reason photos are all messed up is because some are taken on my samsung phone, and some on my ipad. from my ipad i can upload them eazy using tapatalk. but to get from phone to ipad is a drama.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yeah so the reserve tank came up good.

Found out my alternator is already 80A but that doesn't mean it's working right

More to come. Back to work!!

Comment

that looks like oil... but god only knows...... not a good thing regardless.
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Could be oil, but how would it have got there? it didn't taste sweet....

This is the glue stuff on the seat, it's also on the carpet edges, as thow it was ment to be glued to the kickpanels, but who knows.

The break lean did an ok job.

I changed the bolts holding the licence plate, it anoyed me how they could not be undone.
                        I had to take a dermal to them to get a big flathead on them, then one sheared off, so I had to drill that out and clean it out with a tap.

I put it back where it was, but did think of this placement

Comment

Quick question for anyone out there..... what kind of ignition system am I running here?

I'd like to make a megasquirt for it , piggyback, but keep it all stock looking.

I've found a kl v6 lantis uses the same distributor, tps, and mass air flow meter, so I think il be in luck there.

Comment

Bahaha, yeah ok, not the same one, cos I'm a 4 banger! So il give an explanation
                            I found a v6 wiring diagram, looks like from a Haynes manual,
                            And it has the same number of wires over the two plugs, and the wires are the same. Colours in the same place.
                            However my one has two extra wires, one on each plug, indicated with an Astrix on the wiring diagram.

Thanks

Comment

what do you mean by... what type of ignition do you have? I see a standard distributor based system. are you talking hall effect/optical sensor? please elaborate

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
                                what do you mean by... what type of ignition do you have? I see a standard distributor based system. are you talking hall effect/optical sensor? please elaborate
                                Right, yes, thank you.
                                So yes, is it Hall effect, or optical, or....some other name?It has no vacuumed lines for advance/retardation. And doesn't look like it has any separate parts like a condenser.

Any help or info is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X