BP swap in 323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP swap in 323

Is there an exact parts list? Also can an A/T motor be used with a M/T as long as the BP10 Ecu is used? Are the harnesses compatible?

Still searching for a motor, currently found an A/T motor. 117k, they want $225 plus shipping. My B6 with 240k just shat itself. Time for an upgrade.

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by HotPro94; 07-03-2015, 03:33 PM.

the infamous SEARCH is your best friend on this matter.

btw, hi
    1992 Ultra Blue Metallic EGT - The 'scort with no name - crap>reliable daily>rallycross prep>stage rally
    Featured in Rally Gearbox Magazine 3/1/11
    "There's a hierarchy of insanity in motor sports. Normal people think all racers are crazy. Folks who race sedans think people in open-wheel cars are nuts. People who race cars of any kind think motorcycle racers are absolutely off theirs meds. But there's one group that everyone agrees is made up of the most extreme, the most daring, and absolutely craziest people in racing - rally racers."

Comment

M/T Harness, ecu and throttle body for that motor.
      Last edited by azgtx; 07-04-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

azgtx thank you for the info. I'll start doing some leg work and sourcing parts. Would i be further ahead to turn down the A/T motor (No ECU) and source a M/T BP and ECU? My 323 is a M/T

worldhazard no disrespect, but I've searched for these answers multiple times. Maybe, it's in a worklog somewhere but looking at the general responses to this question (which I am well aware has been asked multiple times) I don't understand why the admins haven't made a sticky. This site isn't what it used to be, the plethora of information that used to be here seems to have been lost. Was there a server change? I haven't been on here in years.

Comment

You can buy the motor, just swap to a M/T throttle body with a 3 wire TPS and get a M/T harness and ecu BP05. The motors are the same. Am I assuming you have a BG 323?. If not and you have a BF 323, you have a whole lot more work to do.

Comment

Okay, thanks a lot. Yeah, it's a BG 1991.

Comment

you can use an auto throttle body and TPS, it doesn't really matter.
              sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
              92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

Will my current exhaust, alternator and starter bolt up?

Comment

Anybody know these answers? Trying to get all this stuff rounded up. It's my DD

Comment

alternator is the same . you will need the BP manifold and downpipe , the rest of the exhaust should bolt up . unsure on the starter

Comment

starter prob depends on transmission, yea?

alternator could be different, some of them have ribbed belts instead of V-band
                      sigpic

Comment

So I need a BP header and downpipe for sure. Post #1 and #4 indicate my F series M/T will be used, so am I wrong in assuming that it will bolt up (starter)? Also, Alternator will bolt up but I may need to change a pulley. Am I missing anything here? Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

nothing in those two posts states that you're using the F-series, just that your car is a manual ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but yea, starter *should* bolt up.
                          sigpic

Comment

I stand corrected AtomicEGT.

Comment

Would this bolt up?

Comment

Working...
                              X