gtr rear sub swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gtr rear sub swap

yeah no big deal,basicaly the same sub as a bf, does have a extra plate welded on top from what i saw, salt ravaged original for a cleaner jdm unit via alex (awd mx3 that did not work out unfortunatly) ,but the rear peice stopped me in my tracks,(see my wtb ad)so on to the pics, ....i hope
    Attached Files

1am, put the bf sub frame back in the shytbox,no luck so far finding a rear diff mount,cant stand leaving the car dead,gotta drive it man!mazda has the parts,really dont want to pay them.I'm not even sure the front diff mount will fit now. Seriously contemplating a full gtr brake swap at how much it would cost me through the dealer for the parts! Hmmm,bulletproof bearings,bigger brakes. Hate to lose the stock wheels and buy dfferent shoes,and parts for the struts. I did find some old brake lines laying arouClick image for larger version

Name:	20150711_010413.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	1241301nd,perfect time to try these out. Cool stainless brake line oooooo gonna stop great! Or gonna burst and crash and burn!Lol!

Comment

I have a bf gtx rear subframe but shippings gonna be a beeeyotch...
      '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
      '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
      http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Thanks for the offer jay,but the crusty one will have to do for now.the bg is back burnered.Frack,the s/s dont fit worth fit very well at all, the k struts dont help i guess,had a heck of a time getting clearance to the rim. As you can see from the pic added some hard plastic water line as a sleeve to protect the line from chafing,not the greatest but the pile does not get a lot o miles so should work ok,i hope. Yeesh.
        Any body have a better idea for protection,feel free to let me know!Click image for larger version

Name:	20150717_194416.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1241318

Comment

Soooo does that mean that the gtr rear subframe doesn't work to bolt into the bf rear end? I'm a tad confused by your post.
          Tyler has spoken

Comment

Run the brake line behind the strut....and that brake line holder needs to be changed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by theredrocket View Post
              Soooo does that mean that the gtr rear subframe doesn't work to bolt into the bf rear end? I'm a tad confused by your post.
              Oh the subframe fits just fine,problem it was missing the rear(and front as a matter of fact)diff support,and the Bf rear diff support does not swap over.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                Run the brake line behind the strut....and that brake line holder needs to be changed as well.
                No way that line is going to fit around the back. What!? You dont approve of kstruts quality brake line supports?
                WTF, was the first thing i thought when I unwrapped those pos initially.
                Actually,I ended up wrapping that stamped support around the pass.side stut and it came out a little nicer than the drivers side and no rubbing.

Comment

I am spoiled with the Dirtras...everything fits. That brake line in the front would scare me.

Comment

Originally posted by azgtx View Post
                    I am spoiled with the Dirtras...everything fits. That brake line in the front would scare me.
                    Yeah rub it in,now Im feeling much better about digging out those lines.

Comment

Working...
                    X