Can anybody help in diagnose the problem.
The car is bucking / hesitate and this is very noticeable during the idle condition. Feels like a misefire on a radom basis, but it happens more or less 10 times per minute. At higher RPM it would misfire but it is lightly noticeable. The MIL is off.
3. It seems that its more noticeable in hot/mild temperature days. On very cold days the idle / car feels alright.
What I did in the last month :
1. New spark plug
2. New lead wire
3. ..and yes new coils
4. New EGR valve for the canadian version (the one with the coolant hose)
5. While doing the EGR valve I changed the intake manifold gasket
6. ... and also the expension chamber gasket
7. Removed and cleaned the Idle air contral valve and tested its actuation. With a 12 volt battery.
8. Clean throttle body and lubded up throttle cable and its adjuster
9. New fuel tank
10. New high pressure fuel filter (...the big canister where the fuel pump body fits in)
11. For the fuel pump I put back the stock one... Why ? It powered well when I connected it on a stand alone 12 volts source.
12. ... BUT in the car I did a setup to measure the current and the pump was pulling 3.56 Amps and when I disconnect the vaccum hose from the fuel pressure regulator (on the rail) the pump pulled 3.8 Amps. Are these AMPAGE enough ?
13. I know that I have the VICS solenoid that I need to change (Ohm meter reads infinity instead of 75 ohms) but could that be causing my issues.
14. Oh !! I forgot to mentionned I completely removed the fuel rail and cleaned, tested the resistance and the actuation of my injectors. I've also replaced my fuel injector o-rings and the little body filters.
Where else should I look could a vtcs solenoid do that ? Or maybe the oil pressure switch ?
Any suggestion and/help would be very much appreciated.
Fantastic forum so far !! No one seems to have an idea. Ok i plugged on oscilloscope the IAC valve, the cam and ckps, the injectors, IGN 1&2 coils and all seems to be fine. Next I'll plug the MAF and O2 sensors. Especially the upstream one. I changed the down stream already so i'll now test for the upstream.
Could a bad oil pressure switch do those symptoms described at the begining ?
Did you check for vacuum leaks?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)