Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackstand Racer Needing slicks and tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats a most certain plus!
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The red shell hasn't been plated for years now. So I just used it as a prototype. Dreaming of towing it around. Now I get to have a fresh shell!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by wknd326; 06-21-2016, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Comment

Ahhh progress. Takes a while though. Thought that after doing this so many times I'd get it in really fast but nope. It's getting there! I knew it didn't physically fit the bay but I didn't remember by how much and that i'd have to modify the left support position after smashing the right frame rail this much. I don't want to have to redo this just because i'm not happy with it so I'm going to take my time and set it exactly where I want it. I Don't have a lift and the car still has its whole front end and i'd like to keep it that way so I had to lift the front up WAYYYY high to get the engine in. Like I said. It wont fit from the top because the H5m tranny is so damn huge. So now the next step is to Pull the bottom to give the engine a bit of rake and to put solid mounts as I adjust the side mounts and fab the left one. The prototype shell had a welded left mount. I want a bolted in version this time around.

Comment

Pics don't work
            91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

Ah ****. Will try again tonight.

Comment

Welp I failed. Teaches me to fab without all the surrounding parts. I won't be able to drop the engine an extra inch. Oh well it won't stop me.

Comment

what is preventing you lowering the engine another inch?
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Ah I explain myself pretty bad sometimes. In that photo the engine is lowered about an inch and I previously made the manifold/tubo assembly while the engine was about an inch higher. Now the whole set up seems a bit too low. I may or may not go forth and remove the bumper and fab a set of bars for the front. My radiator idea will not work with the turbo this low but will work if either I fabricate a bumper to make room or possibly raise the entire assembly some. I really don't have the pockets to start making another exhaust header. Poor planning on my part. I'm a novice afterall...

Comment

one hell of a good "novice" if you ask me

Comment

Ok I fixed everything! It's higher but everything fits straight side to side and front to back.

Comment

god i love how sleek that is. do you mind humoring me with some undershots of the bottom of the oil pan in reference to the control arms???
                          I would like to get a F2 block & rework my FE3 head to it. I know the extra block height will cause some concern tho. curious how a pure f2 system sits on the lower end of things.

Comment

I'll get u some soon. I doubt the fe3 head fits the block. The oil return is very different. Best bet is to use the f2t crankshaft in the fe3 block from what I've read on mx6.com

Comment

Are these what u wanted?

Comment

I got quite a lot done today. I love long weekends. The secondary shift rod or stationary rod or whatever you call it bolts right in. No mods, nothing. I was like....WHAAAAAA....****ing right, destiny! All I had to do was lengthen the primary shift rod. Easy as pie. Love it!
                                After all that much needed easy work, (for once, plz I didn't have to modify anything for once) I attacked the radiator support and pretty much the whole front end. I got more pictures to take, most of them were black because I didn't use the flash. Phones are **** sry. Lots of on and off with the bumper. It's not perfect yet but here is where i'm at.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160625_134209.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	1242267
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160625_180200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	1242268

Comment

Working...