Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackstand Racer Needing slicks and tune.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No! I need to make an aluminum insert to replace the hla. I make it out of 1/2in aluminum rod stock. Locktite it in place, One of which didn't seemed to cure (I did number 3 afterwards) I installed a set screw. I'll see if it does end up curing, if not I might just fill the set screw hole with the Tig. The inserts must not move.
    Shorten the titanium stud and make a nice radius ball end.
    Have to find and tap the insert I previously made as dead center as I possibly can. This takes time to get it right in the press drill vise. It's a strangely shaped object.
    Have to shave the top of the rocker arm and remove all the casting marks.
    File down the insert on both end's so that its as flat as possible in order for the locking nut to seat properly.
    I don't have a milling maching or a lathe so I do this with hand tools and jigs and files so yeh, 3 hrs a piece is about right.
    I might get my hands on a lathe soon though! Some guy I work with has one sleeping in his "warehouse". Some old thing he got from a dead relative.

May I add that this also shaves 7 grams off the stock rocker tips! Wins all around. 79g for the titanium assembly and 86g for the stock rocker. Can't find the titanium rocker on the scale pic. Ill post another time.
    All the weight does not come from just the stud assembly. As you can see the top of the rocker itself is gone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rockerstockweight.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	340.0 KB
ID:	1243026

Name:	rocker2.jpg
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	1243027

Name:	hydraulic adjuster weight.jpg
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	1243028

Name:	titanium stud weight.jpg
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	1243029

Comment

thats pretty intensive, i give you outstanding amounts of credit for doing that with all hand tools
      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Whoa, so the ignition map I had going on was a super retarded starting map, It still pulled but nothing over 6k and ridiculous amounts of retard in boost. Fixed lots of that this evening. Hehehe. I don't even know how this engine is still alive, but it is. So let it be. Road tuning is sketchy but so is this car. It's not going to a dyno until it gets a fresh block that doesn't have number 1 rod bearing destroyed.

Comment

got a picture of your old maps?
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Ya they're in this thread too.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
              got a picture of your old maps?
              Yes I posted it about 18pages ago.
              Originally posted by wknd326 View Post
              Ya they're in this thread too.

Comment

Pretty sure the tuner just did that map as a set up procedure because he never played with this engine before. I then went home after he said we can't do **** with the tiny stock waste gate except blow the engine. I'm guessing that's why it was so far off.

Comment

Hey lots of good news! I finally have sold my Condo and currently in the process of buying my own house. It has a garage also! No more working at my parents place in all that mess. It's always more fun to play in your own mess. Winter sucks because I don't get to work in the garage much at all , it's way too cold. I removed the engine from the car and sent it out to a good friend of mine that builds competitive sfwd engines and all kinds of massive 2jz swapped cars. While the bottom end is gone for a bullet proof rework and the weather is much too cold to play in I'm fiddling around with CAD software. I always hated the way 1.5" sch10 pipes fit on a flat cut flange so i decided to model my own. Also modeled a bunch of other things but here is the header flange with pipe and a Purge block to boot! What I love about this design is the fact that you can perfectly fit 1.5" sch10 and taper down to 1.491" or whatever size you make your exaust ports really. Very minimal port matching and perfect flow with expansive thermal mechanics optimized!The reason this is needed is because ANSI SCH Pipe is reall not 1.5". It's 1.9"OD and 1.660" ID with a min of 37deg edge or butt, i forget the correct term. Click image for larger version

Name:	F2T exflange SS.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1243394
                  Last edited by wknd326; 01-16-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

what software are you using?

Comment

fusion 360. It's free for a year. I used to play around with freecad, but so far I prefer by far fusion 360

Comment

Working...
                      X