Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade or engine change

Hi all,

So I got me self a Mazda 323F 1,8 GLX from year 2000, the car is great and fun to drive, but I want a bit more torque than just the standard 114hp's, I would like to hit 50-60hp more.

The question here is:

How big a procedure will it be if the target is 50-60 hp, is this "impossible" on the standard engine? Or would it be easier to replace the engine with another, with more power, or is this a ****ty job?

Hope you guys can help me have fun ;-)

Best regards

welcome. what modifications can you perform in your country without much hassle??
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by FE3-323 View Post
      welcome. what modifications can you perform in your country without much hassle??
      Thank you :-)

My main issue, is that i do not know where to start the modifications? I know that adding a turbo will add exstra power, but how do i mount it and what parts should be changed with it?

The modifications i can do, is almost unlimited, I have access to almost any normal car tool, welding, press bridge and so.

Hope you understand :-)

Comment

you've come to the right website, there is much info to be learned here.
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

Comment

Thats why I started this thread on this forum

Can you say where to start? Do i replace headers first or how do i approach this kind of rebuild?

Comment

Originally posted by FurnicK View Post
            Thats why I started this thread on this forum

Can you say where to start? Do i replace headers first or how do i approach this kind of rebuild?
            Anyone? :-)

Comment

turbo charger system is the route to look

Comment

Working...
              X