Clutch kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch kit

What stage 1 clutch kit should i buy for my 93 protege 1.8l sohc? Please help and post links where to buy! Thank you fam

On my blue '90 4WD, I got the Flyin' Miata 10.3lb flywheel, and use a KLZE clutch, i don't even remember the brand, I think it was ACT or centerforce. The light flywheel makes the throttle response and rev-matching just amazing, definitely better than a stock 1.8 DOHC setup like in my EGT's or 323, and even better than the 1.8DOHC in my gray '90 4WD.

The KLZE clutch has a VERY heavy pedal. Next iteration, I got the whole Flyin' Miata Clutch Happy Meal, which uses re-designed spring profile to put full pressure but less pedal effort. This was to be installed on my gray '90 4WD when I put the BPT in , but since I'm going E153 soon, I might throw the FM kit into my 323.

That being said, I don't think the brand of clutch is a huge consideration at this performance level, but the lightened flywheel is HUGE HUGE HUGE. To the point I'd even recommend a stock clutch with a lightened flywheel over any other clutch on a stock flywheel.

--sarge

Comment

Working...
    X