Fuel Tank Capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Tank Capacity

Really dumb question, but I've never put more than 11 gallons in my '98, but everywhere I read online I see 14.5 gallons as the max capacity. Meaning when the fuel light comes on, I have 3-4 gallons in reserve?? Seems like a lot, and just want to know your experience. Too chicken to try and run it dry myself.

Im in the same boat... All i know that it costs 40 bucks to fill..At $1.29 per litre..

Comment

At what currency? I pay a lot more!
      Haven't had the chance to find out either haha. Only filled up twice.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Comment

Here in Las Vegas, NV gas is sitting at $3.10/ gallon, but I've never put more than $35 to fill the tank on any given day.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

You should have around two gallons left when the light comes on. Should say it in the owner's manual if you have one.

On average, I put between nine and ten gallons in when filling up.

Comment

Originally posted by GavGav View Post
            Really dumb question, but I've never put more than 11 gallons in my '98, but everywhere I read online I see 14.5 gallons as the max capacity. Meaning when the fuel light comes on, I have 3-4 gallons in reserve?? Seems like a lot, and just want to know your experience. Too chicken to try and run it dry myself.
            My 95 owner's manual says 13.2 gallons. Coming back from Arizona I put 12.75 gallons. Before I left from Arizona I filled it up to the top of the filler pipe.

Comment

Working...
            X