Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylinder misfire, what to do now?

Hi CP.

I've recently experienced that my Mazda 323F GLX from 2000 is having a misfire on one cylinder, and also has a lack of torque, sometimes the engine stalls and can't take any gas, it just keeps loosing speed, I've done the following:

To resolve misfire error:
    Changed all 4 ignition leads.
    All 4 spark plugs.
    Ignition coils (both).

Yet there is no improvement.

To resolve the throttle error:
    Bought the following fuel filter:

This is one I cant locate on the car, and cant find anyone on the web revealing its position on a car like mine.

Really hope you guys can help.

Best regards

Hi, I know this might be kinda late. I'm assuming clogged injector in combination air leak/up by the egr or possible blown gasket between 2 cylinders. Normally the fuel filter is usually mounted on the firewall, if you don't see one; it might be missing one. If missing one, I definitely install that fuel filter and a adjustable fuel regulator just to be safe so you can adjust it on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dijadoit View Post
      Hi, I know this might be kinda late. I'm assuming clogged injector in combination air leak/up by the egr or possible blown gasket between 2 cylinders. Normally the fuel filter is usually mounted on the firewall, if you don't see one; it might be missing one. If missing one, I definitely install that fuel filter and a adjustable fuel regulator just to be safe so you can adjust it on the fly.
      As time has been passing at I've been trying to determine what the problem is, i figure it is the fuel injector on the fuel rail.

My question is now, where do i find an injector that fits my 1.8 114hp engine?

I've been looking at this, but it doesn't seem to fit, what is your guess?
      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Petrol-Fue...kAAOSwqu9VBwqe

Hope you, or anybody else can help :-)

Best regards

Comment

i believe these are the part numbers for the 1.8L injectors.
        FP3313250
        FP3513250

in order to test the injectors, you will need a multimeter. unplug the harness from the injector, test the resistance on the male leads of the injector. they should read around 14 Ohms. then put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position. but DO NOT turn it on. using the multimeter make sure 12v is coming from the harness. you may have to switch the Pos/Neg probes on the multimeter to get the right reading.

good luck, i'm having the same issue, however my ignition and fuel injectors test fine. let us know your progress.

Comment

Working...
        X