Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Lowering car.

Hello,

I'm looking into getting H&R 1.3" Lowering Springs for my 96 protege. It's got some 185/65/r14's on it and the gap is obnoxious.

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to suspension so my question is simply about alignment. I want to be able to put in my springs, then take the car to an alignment shop and tell them to do a front and rear alignment and have no hassle with it.

I am wondering for the springs I am using, will I need a camber bolt kit, if so, is that only usable on the front or can I get a second set for the rear axle?

Also please do let me know if there is any angle that cannot be adjusted, and if it will adversely effect tire wear. I heard in some cars camber on rear axles cannot be adjusted, and if this is the case, I'll re-think getting lowering springs.

Thanks in advance.
    96 Protege LX 1.5L
    ~99,000Miles
    Automatic Transmission
    Custom Aluminum CAI - Thrush Welded Muffler - 2002 Protege Spoiler - 98 Protege Tail-Lights - Civic Lip - MX-3 Front Seats - 14" Proline Wheels

My '98 has been lowered on B&G (1.5" I think?) springs with no problems. The alignment shop won't have any issues adjusting anything. Just give it a few days between installation and alignment to allow everything to settle into place.

Also, might as well get new struts and mounts while you're at it.

Comment

Well unfortunately I don't have room in my budget for new struts or mounts (I currently am buying the lowering springs, all new tires, and $200 worth of new brakes, so money is limited right now), but I'm sure I'll get quite a bit more life out of my struts as the car currently glides down the road pretty softly.

Also, was a camber bolt kit required for your lowered 98, or can I get away without spending the extra $22?

Thanks.
      96 Protege LX 1.5L
      ~99,000Miles
      Automatic Transmission
      Custom Aluminum CAI - Thrush Welded Muffler - 2002 Protege Spoiler - 98 Protege Tail-Lights - Civic Lip - MX-3 Front Seats - 14" Proline Wheels

Comment

The camber kit is not needed. Save your money for something else.

I actually have a set of JDM RS-R springs for the BH, if you're interested. They came on my '97, but I upgraded to Ksports last summer.

Comment

I've researched when I was looking for lowering springs. The springs with the biggest drop are made by Sprint. I bought some new, but never had an opportunity to install them

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X