323 gtx trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

323 gtx trans

I bought a 1990 protege awd . Will this trans work in a 88gtx?

Yes and no. It will tilt the engine forward, resulting in needing exhaust modifications, and custom mounts. But, why go this route? You might as well BPT swap it from a BG GTX. Theres not much benefit from the USDM 4WD Protégé transmission. Its just as "Glassy" as the BF Trans.
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

A friend of mine has a 323gtx , that is super clean. It has transmission and diff torn apart. I really want to bring it back to life. It has been sitting for like 3 years. It's super clean . I think it would make a great snow car. Thanks for any info ..

Comment

Let me know what year car to look for for engine and transmission. I would like to keep it al
        All wheel drive.

Comment

a 1.8l B PT and BG awd trans is as close to a bolt in swap as that car can have.
          '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
          '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
          http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Sorry to revive an older thread, but it's only a couple months old...

So, at an Ice RallyX in WI today (Lake DuBay, just north of Stevens Point), I met a gentleman from the UP with a super-minty-clean BF GTX. This car spent the last 15 years in California, and in FL before that. He expressed his growing need for transmission parts, and I let him know that I've got two perfectly fine transmissions from two '90 Protege4WD's, which now are equipped with gtx/gtr transmissions, and one soon to be an E153 from an ST205. Chances are I will never use these original '90 4WD transmissions. He's partly looking just for internals to make sure he's got the parts needed for synchro hubs and stuff, but since I'm not really familiar with the BF, are there any pictures/diagrams/measurements or whatnot detailing how mounting the transmission from the Protege makes the engine tilt? I don't want to sell him these transmissions saying "yeah, they'll bolt right up no problems!" and then have there actually be problems.

Thanks!

--sarge

Comment

Working...
            X