Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sourcing GTX Suspension Parts - Its Like Winning The Lottery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sourcing GTX Suspension Parts - Its Like Winning The Lottery?

Hey guys - I am turning my attention to the suspension on my GTX and having some challenges and hoping you can assist.

Where do you recommend sourcing the following:
    1) Front (top) strut mounts
    2) Rear Lateral Link bushings...or the actual arms themselves?
    3) Rear sway bar bushings

I find most places do not have the GTX broken out separately and have it included with the other FWD models.

Thanks,
    Yasin
    Last edited by slownrusty; 10-20-2015, 10:29 AM.

Good luck Yasin. You might be able to get the strut mounts from Mazda. The rear bar bushes are still available at $40 each. As for the rear arms iirc they are NLA. White line might still stock just the bushes or you can go the route I did finding the correct sizes from ES.

Comment

Thanks for the response my man! Looks like I'll head down to my local Mazda dealership on Saturday and see what is still available.

Comment

Cross referencing from my build log thread.
        So some good news. I spent some yesterday after work at my local Mazda dealership.
        The front strut mounts are still available and are $73. each.
        Quite a bit of the rear suspension bushings and arms are also available, please reference the scan below with part numbers and respective prices. I hope this is useful in the future to you my friends.

Comment

The trailing arm with the BF67 prefix will be the base DX or LX/SE piece with the lower durometer rubber bushes. There are 3 durometers used on the 323 bushes. GTX (firmest) GT then base.
          BF92-28-600 w/o turbo rear lateral link is for the base 2wd hatch or sedan..won't fit due to the camber adjuster on the inboard end you need B210-28-600
          BF67-28-200 w/o turbo trailing arm base hatch/sedan will fit but softer rubber you need BK-14-28-200B
          BF92-28-500B w/o turbo front lateral link base hatch and sedan will not fit due to the sway bar attachment you need B210-28-620A right side, B210-28-630A left side.
          BO29-34-390D w/o turbo 323 you need B210-34-390C

I do know that Mazda supersedes part numbers but I have a Mazda parts list and the numbers on your invoice are clearly base 323 numbers. Your parts guy could be a noob. Anytime you see the BF67 or BO92 prefixes you need to double check on GTX specific parts.

Comment

Ahh..interesting! Thank-you and noted, thanks for the PM too.

Comment

Guys - I wanted to let you know that at this time of writing there is only one (1) front OEM mount left in the US for our cars (GTX).

Comment

Where did you get such information?

Any factual data to back it up...?

Comment

I checked the Mazda US inventory database at the dealership. I would not post inaccurate information.

Comment

Hey @slownrusty did you ever receive the lateral links?

Comment

Yes I bought the bushings from:

Comment

Working...
                      X