Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recall notice!!! :P

Your 25-Year-Old Mazda Might Be Recalled for Fiery Death Risk
    "If you drive a Miata, you're fine, but Mazdas from 1989 to 1998 like the MX-3, MX-6, Protege, and a few others are being recalled after more than two decades."
    ClubProtege

That's nucking futs!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like I'm safe by one year.

Comment

I hope they'll just give me a new ignition switch instead of wanting to do the service themselves.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

i still laugh at this!
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

That might be me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Funny thing is my ignition switch is completely detached from the steering column . That'll be fun to take to the dealership.

Comment

I didn't think this was real, but I got my Recall letter last week. The recall number is 8715J. The letter says that Mazda does not have any parts yet, but I should get a letter when they do. I also say that if you paid for an ignition switch repair you can get reimbursed. I doubt I'll take it in for the recall; I'm not having any troubles and it's not like there is a time limit on a safety recall, so I'll wait until I have problems.

I think Mazda's being pretty smart on this one. When you look at all of the trouble that GM and Toyota got into by pushing off a recall and consider how many of these recalls will actually be performed (I don't think it will be very many, there just are not that many of these cars around anymore) Mazda should come out ahead. It will be interesting to see if the dealerships take advantage of the opportunity to build new customers or if they'll just blow everybody off as folks driving old junk.

Comment

Hey,

I got that recall a couple of months ago, about key ignition getting to hot and possible bust out in flames....

Comment

I personally don't think this is really recall-worthy, although it probably helps them in the CYA department. Basically, take a 25+ year-old car, and things will have worn and dried and cracked. I would consider it normal wear and tear, and something that needs to be looked at maybe once every 200,000 miles. But average joe who gets an inexpensive economy car isn't really going to want to deal with it, because average joe is an uniformed and habitually delinquent on maintenance person who even finds typing a password at a keyboard is too inconvenient for his computing needs.

Comment

I got my letter from Mazda yesterday. They now have the parts to do the recall. Anyone rushing out to get the recall done? I wonder what they'd do if I just brought the steering column in?

Comment

Originally posted by Rivet View Post
                        I got my letter from Mazda yesterday. They now have the parts to do the recall. Anyone rushing out to get the recall done? I wonder what they'd do if I just brought the steering column in?
                        Most recalls require the firewall vin be marked in some fashion to confirm it's been done. This might have changed with the information age but they'd probably still decline.
                        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                        Originally posted by HopelessCow
                        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

It is recall worthy because Mazda doesn't want anything close to the Gm ignition issue. Recall a number of switches and don't worry about any lawsuits. It's cover your own ass. I give them a thumbs up for it
                          91 protege gt. dropzone mx3 springs, mx3 crossmember, ractive front and rear strut braces, rear lower mx3 brace, 4 wheel disc brakes, corksport ss brake and clutch lines,kvr front pads, ractive cai,ram air hood scoop, modified front bumper, shaved ant and rear trunk lock, fubu ant, short shifter, corksport bronzeoil shifter bushings,92 glass sunroof and tail lights, mx3 center console, autometer gauges (volt and oil pressure) cluster needles painted to match, sound system, 17 inch eagle alloy 193 with 205 40 17 rubber. klze is ALIVE BABY!! . http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2394656http://www.toprotege.com/forums/show...hlight=project[url]

Comment

I just my letter in the mail, all 3 of them. My nearest Mazda dealer is under reconstruction, so I can't even do it right now

Comment

I got mine yesterday in NZ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X