Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tricks for getting rear spindle bolts out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this problem with the ones I got from the j/y, and for one, it impacted right out after a while, and the other, it took a vice, 3 people (2 to hold it down), hammers, a 1/2 impact, and just brute effort to get it out. These things are not nice, and I need to do it all again... Life is easier if you don't care about the bolt and either have another on hand, or don't mind paying your local parts dept...
    Manual EVERYTHING...

Comment

Bolts are $22 each from Mazda.

Soaked the entire rear subframe in Aero-Kroil a couple days ago now. We'll see.
      Drew
      '95 EGT 1.8
      T
      '93 ELX 1.9 SC
      '91 ELX 1.9

Comment

Originally posted by therieldeal View Post
        That's a great idea sarge

Sounds like another reason for me to get a welder & learn how to use it... the reasons keep piling up
        I had some crazy head studs broken off below the surface, and the welding trick works. But, before I try welding, I like to try a left-hand drill bit. You can find the set at Harbor Freight for cheap, like 8 bucks, and if you're fairly centered, as you increase in size, the the heat of drilling and the counter-clockwise motion just screws them right out.

The welding trick might work on the spindle bolts, but you'd have to keep the weld on the bolt head so you can get a wrench/socket over it.

Comment

Working...
        X