Mazda 323f (Astina) bg wont start.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazda 323f (Astina) bg wont start.

Hi guys and girls. Q I have a 323 bg 1,6 efi and it stalls when hot and I cant start it again. starts and runs fine when cold but when it reach normal temp it chokes and dies. I have cleaned and inspected both throtlebody and iac. New cap, rotor, and ignition module. Fresh gas and good battery.

I tried using the search button but didn't find any good answers.

Anybody has the magic answer where to look?

Regards Ingi.

the magic answer i use was to swap engine hahah
    ....seriously,that is what i did.

have you check the thermostat?

Comment

check the coolant sensor to the ECU
      sigpic

03 Accord DX: K24/5MT, peasant-spec old man's car
      92 240SX: KA/T25, nerd mobile

Comment

i second the coolant temp sensor. also make sure all of the connectors to all sensory items is/are tight
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Well I tried changing both coolant sensors and no change. They are both used so I might have to order new ones, The dealership doesn't have new ones in stock. Could it be the new Ignition module? I'm going to switch it out tonight and see what happens.

Comment

Well switching the ign module doesn't fix the issue. Only way to keep it running is unplugging the intake air valve. so maby cleaning it wasn't enough. have to find another iac and replace it.

Comment

Ok so I haven't still figured out what is the prob. I pulled the codes and I'm getting code #9. So code #9 should mean coolant sensor, so my question
              is. could this be a coolant sensor that I'm looking for?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	20151124_234800.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	359.6 KB
ID:	1241663

It's located under the fuel rail far to the right. Green top and two wire plug. So if that is the case then this thing has 3 temp sensors. One small for the cluster, one on the thermostat housing for the fan I would assume and then this green one for the idle speed.

Name:	20151124_234852.jpg
Size:	375.5 KB
ID:	1241664

Name:	20151124_234859.jpg
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	1241665

Regards
              Ingi.

Comment

Ok so after this post hopefully we can close this thread. I found and bought this sensor ( going to swap tonight) and hopefully fix my problem permanently. But this sensor is compatible for other types of car's to. So I bought this one from the Suzuki dealership and saved my self allot of money. 60 Dollars from Suzuki versus 220 Dollars from Mazda dealer. So this is a chart that I found for the same sensor.

Name:	__57.jpg
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	1241666

Hopefully this will come in handy for somebody.

Regards
                Ingi

Comment

how come you didn't buy an aftermarket sensor for far cheaper?
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Well here in Iceland there isn't allot of aftermarket parts to get hold of. It's a small country, 360.000 population. but this sensor is installed and the car runs like new. I just didn't know a bout this sensor and i thought there was only two. Iv'e had allot of bf's before and there's only two there and this is my first bg platform. Always learning something new

Regards
                    Ingi

Comment

glad you found the problem!

Comment

Well done on fixing your car, and thanks for telling us how ya did it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X