Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the MX3 Rear suspension Arms and Lateral Links fit the GTX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the MX3 Rear suspension Arms and Lateral Links fit the GTX?

From pictures they look like they might, but what says y'all wise sages?

Dunno...but why??

Comment

Because my bushings are dead and you can't buy the bushings aftermarket or even the arms from Mazda (or aftermarket) so looking at options.

I'm talking about Numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 below.

Comment

Look at the lateral links you got from me. Those bushes are numbered... You have the skill to fix them. Both of my cars are running those nicely.

Comment

I would like to go back with Polyurethane bushings.

I am in the process of replacing most of the rear suspension bushings with Polyurethane meaning:
          1) Sway bar bushings including end links
          2) All four (4) lateral links - right and left
          3) Trailing arms - right and left

Fortunately Whiteline make a kit that will work on our GTX cars, the kit is W61757 and two (2) kits are required. You will have to trim the center sleeves to fit with either a Sawzall or Angle Grinder - but not a biggie. These kits are currently on sale for only $18.46 on www.whitelinesuspensionparts.com, typically they retail for around $125. Its worth buying two (2) sets while at this reduced cost.

Failing that or if you have a damaged rear Lateral link, the one out of a 1991-1994 MX3 GS will work with the GTX, the front lateral link is about 1/2" too long and also does not have the provision for the rear sway bar end link. These arms are $95 each from Mazda and still available (fortunately).

I'll post some more pics when I receive the sway bar bushings as I had to do some research but I believe the bushings from a 2001-2007 Corolla will work (front sway bar).

Today's project will be to remove the old bushings from the GTX arms and get them ready for powder coating.

Comment

Working...
          X