The 88' 323 Wagon build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blazin674 View Post
    The no fuel and spark part sound like a ground. If you pull the fuel injection fuse under the hood it'll shut off both injectors and ignition as a fail safe .Its so you dont flood the cylinders with fuel if the ignition fails. Im not sure how the wiring is on a KL but if it is anything like the BP there should be a ground for the injector harness that goes to the head. I don't have very much v6 experience though. I'm just spit balling right now.
    I certainly appreciate the help but you can't think of the wiring as a factory setup since I need to splice in power where the engine harness needs it, so pulling the injection fuse under the hood won't shut them off anymore

As for the grounds, I wish it was that simple but it was the first thing I checked, I'm 100% certain the wiring is correct and working properly

Back in December I wired up a KLG4 for a friend of mine and I didn't have this problem so I'm going to ask to borrow his ECU since I know it does not have the anti theft feature

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

On Saturday I picked up another ECU and tested it on my buddy's car and it worked, but when I plugged it into my car, no spark again

I don't have a battery in the wagon yet so I've been using booster cables hooked up to my escape.... My buddy said "maybe there's not enough power going through the cables for it to make spark, try starting the escape" I figured what the hell, give it a shot and the wagon fired up

So I was wrong, the antitheft was not the problem at all lol just a lack of power to the car.... At least it was an easy fix lol

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

glad to hear you've found an easy resolve!
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The 88' 323 Wagon build

So progress has been steady, parts have come in the mail etc first was a new idler pulley for a PS pump delete which I also trimmed the bracket for a cleaner look

But the belt I ordered was too big so I need to order a shorter one to finish up the install

Also got some new plug wires

Pulled the old shifter linkage out and replaced with a much cleaner set

Axles installed, clutch hydraulic lines installed and bled out

And tonight was fitting the VW rad in the support and making the mounting points etc

Plenty of room left for a fan lol

Next is exhaust work

Comment

kickass updates!!! im liking the radiator clearance forsure!
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

What does that radiator belong to? Can you take some outlet measurements for me? I'm working on cooling on the KJ right now, also.

Additionally, which hoses do you plan on using?
              Slowtegay - 03 Sunlight Silver MP5 - KJ Swap in the works.

Comment

Some exhaust work tonight

And the first start up video!!! WOOT!!

Comment

Originally posted by xYoko View Post
                  What does that radiator belong to? Can you take some outlet measurements for me? I'm working on cooling on the KJ right now, also.

Additionally, which hoses do you plan on using?
                  It's a late 80's early 90's VW rad, I plan on building custom coolant pipes with just small pieces of the left over rad hoses to connect everything

Comment

Comment

^^^ Amazing!! I am so impressed.

Comment

Comment

Jesus you're work is inspiring. Love the ingenuity.

Comment

The 88' 323 Wagon build

Got the brakes bled on the weekend, I think a rear caliper might be seizing though but they are now working

And tonight I got one coolant pipe welded up, just need to clean up the welds and paint it

Comment

I said it like two posts ago but FFS you're on top of the game lol. Very nice work on the coolant pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by xYoko View Post
                                I said it like two posts ago but FFS you're on top of the game lol. Very nice work on the coolant pipe.
                                Well thank you, I certainly appreciate the kind words lol my goal in this whole project has been for everything to feel and function like factory

I got some more progress to post on here, I got the right sized belt to finish my power steering pump delete setup

Also finished up the rad hoses and heater core hoses

And I got the factory 626 coolant overflow reservoir mounted

And the last clearance issue is solved lol

I also started test fitting the VW fan to the rad and realized it's too bulky and actually interferes with the coolant pipe I just made up, so I put the grille/headlights back on and measured and I have enough room to put a slim fan in front of the rad, so I'll go that route with it

Comment

Working...
                                X