JC Cosmo Horn installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JC Cosmo Horn installed

In keeping with the OEM as possible build I didn't want to just throw on a BMW low/high tone horn as I would normally.

I also wanted to go obscure for the sake of going obscure, because pretentious.

Nothing says obscure like a horn you can't even find a sound clip of so I picked up a Cosmo horn on ebay for like $20.

It's spec'd 10dB above the BP horn, 105 vs 115. They're both made by the Knight Horn company as well. I can't find much information on them to be honest.

I took it apart because I could. It looks really over-engineered to me.

Here is my best attempted at a comparison video. Production quality is quite high!

Last edited by Kitty; 12-11-2015, 02:00 PM.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

thanks for sharing the video!!!
    ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
    he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Glad to share it, it's neat to see the analytics from the video as well. A decent number of robots in the Netherlands are apparently interested in the horn.

As an added not the amperage on the horn is 3.5amps. I need to check the factory horn but I think it's 2a originally. The horn relay is either rated either 10 or 20a so it won't be a problem but it does show how much more demanding the big horn is.

Another fun note the manufacturer part number is TYPE K M-115 and it's clearly lined up to be the next in the line from the RX7 horn number of M-110.

All useless information but I think it's neat looking up the parts mazda subcontract out. Similar to those Yumex mufflers.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

damn, cool bit of info. im going to have to make a JY run soon and rummage around out there. where/how did you find the db specs?
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Most diaphragm horns have it stamped on the back.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Working...
          X